Coral Vue Hydros

Fish appear's in BRS new video -30s make - wrasse of some kind?

Simulated Fish

Simulated Fish

You can see it at the 30s mark here but it is so pretty!!! I need an ID please! looking for a wrasse for my tank for awhile and this might be it if ID and fits the tank needs ❤️

unknown_fish.png

MainelyReefer

The possum wrasses are a bit shy and hard to get to eat pellets and flakes IME I had a tanakas and wouldn’t get one again, pink streaked was more active and ate like a champ.  (Caring for my mandarin is easier than the possum wrasse)

• Like 1

Mine is super active and eats mysis like a pig.  He did try to starve himself the first few weeks he was in the tank, but once he adjusted he acts like a puppy.  He flashes/displays anytime I get near the tank, follows me around it, has a preferred feeding spot and eats dry mysis out of my hand.  He also eats frozen mysis/brine as well as flake, but not as much with the flake.

I believe mine is a tanakas.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPn_WEN_fUrbc9V49N6TD5i1Fr7KxqCle2OJEz7pCFRzp-aeekos9wmSkOx6VigHg?key=OURYejVuNFFUMVNPRVBVNkh6TEdZYXhlVm1EVWZ3

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, mndfreeze said:

Mine is super active and eats mysis like a pig.  He did try to starve himself the first few weeks he was in the tank, but once he adjusted he acts like a puppy.  He flashes/displays anytime I get near the tank, follows me around it, has a preferred feeding spot and eats dry mysis out of my hand.  He also eats frozen mysis/brine as well as flake, but not as much with the flake.

I believe mine is a tanakas.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPn_WEN_fUrbc9V49N6TD5i1Fr7KxqCle2OJEz7pCFRzp-aeekos9wmSkOx6VigHg?key=OURYejVuNFFUMVNPRVBVNkh6TEdZYXhlVm1EVWZ3

My experience with a Tanaka's mirrors your experience (pretty sure the possum in the video is a Tanaka's). Although possum wrasses are incredibly shy, in my experience if they are kept in a nano without aggressive fish (looking at you clowns), or as the lone swimming fish, they come out of their shell. My is always swimming out in the open and like @mndfreeze flashes and following me around the tank. Moreover, he seems to not only eat pellets (SA Hatchery Pellets) but prefers them to all types of frozen food (which is odd). Additionally, they are all-stars at pest control, I have yet to have a pest (not counting aiptasia) of any kind or even bristle worms... so much so, that I can't even keep berghia nudis (aka wrasse snacks). Basically IMO, if put in the right environment, they can be incredible nano fish.

Lorp the Tanaka's Possum Wrasse:

ATR_1145.thumb.jpeg.3d3958cecfee6356cfe1b2cc843b2786.jpeg

• Like 1

I am fortunate to have a possum wrasse..  it is doing well eating a variety of foods. I was told they do not ship well but once they settle in they are a great little reef fish.

20201130_124450.jpg

@Cannedfish I actually have some berghia in my tank right now.  I ordered the bigger ones (1/2") and they have since grown more. My wrasse has showed no interest at all in them.  Of course, He's been in this tank for about 2 or 3 years now and is so trained on his food that I can't get him to eat anything other than the foods he's been given so he probably doesn't even know what they are 😄

• Like 1
Simulated Fish
4 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

My experience with a Tanaka's mirrors your experience (pretty sure the possum in the video is a Tanaka's). Although possum wrasses are incredibly shy, in my experience if they are kept in a nano without aggressive fish (looking at you clowns), or as the lone swimming fish, they come out of their shell. My is always swimming out in the open and like @mndfreeze flashes and following me around the tank. Moreover, he seems to not only eat pellets (SA Hatchery Pellets) but prefers them to all types of frozen food (which is odd). Additionally, they are all-stars at pest control, I have yet to have a pest (not counting aiptasia) of any kind or even bristle worms... so much so, that I can't even keep berghia nudis (aka wrasse snacks). Basically IMO, if put in the right environment, they can be incredible nano fish.

Lorp the Tanaka's Possum Wrasse:

ATR_1145.thumb.jpeg.3d3958cecfee6356cfe1b2cc843b2786.jpeg

so beautiful!! that is great as that is why i want one, utility fish love!