Pod Your Reef

What are these tiny egg like things?

NanoNick0107

NanoNick0107

So I have a few new things popping up in my tank that I haven’t seen before and I also saw a clearing looking big crawling on the rocks that I haven’t ever seen before. 

Can anyone tell me what these things are?

1ACC04F0-9770-4C11-8142-8C8DC04DF140.jpeg

image.jpg

I see a lot of different stuff, which ones specifically can you not identify?

In the second photo, if you’re talking about those little white things sticking out of the rock, they look like the arms of a brittle sea star.

NanoNick0107
11 minutes ago, Zer0 said:

I see a lot of different stuff, which ones specifically can you not identify?

In the second photo, if you’re talking about those little white things sticking out of the rock, they look like the arms of a brittle sea star.

The two “purple”egg looking things they are actually white but for some reason when I take a picture they are purple

image.jpg

Seems reasonable. Depending on the size, they could be nerite snail eggs, though they're probably a bit big for that if that's a decent-sized nerite next to them. 

And those are definitely micro brittle star legs in that other picture. Those are great to have, helpful scavengers that will breed to a reasonable population and not eat anything you don't want eaten. 

NanoNick0107
33 minutes ago, Tired said:

Seems reasonable. Depending on the size, they could be nerite snail eggs, though they're probably a bit big for that if that's a decent-sized nerite next to them. 

And those are definitely micro brittle star legs in that other picture. Those are great to have, helpful scavengers that will breed to a reasonable population and not eat anything you don't want eaten. 

The eggs are small just zoomed in for picture. 

I will do some research on the micro brittle star.

Thanks for your input.