Top Shelf Aquatics

Question about the tank mount of a led

dottybackss

Do the screws also get submerged in the aquarium? Those will in all likeliness begin to corrode over time being exposed to saltwater, even if they're anodized or stainless steel, etc.. If they do get submerged or exposed frequently to saltwater, you should be able to find nylon screws to replace them. You just need to know what size and type of thread they have to find a proper replacement. Should be extremely easy to find online.

Also, which light is this a mount for? Is this an AI Prime arm mount? The screw assembly should go on the outside of the tank, not the inside, iirc.

• Like 1
dottybackss
On 3/15/2021 at 9:13 AM, Zer0 said:

Do the screws also get submerged in the aquarium? Those will in all likeliness begin to corrode over time being exposed to saltwater, even if they're anodized or stainless steel, etc.. If they do get submerged or exposed frequently to saltwater, you should be able to find nylon screws to replace them. You just need to know what size and type of thread they have to find a proper replacement. Should be extremely easy to find online.

Also, which light is this a mount for? Is this an AI Prime arm mount? The screw assembly should go on the outside of the tank, not the inside, iirc.

No it is an Nicrew hyper reef 100. I think they are nylon screws because they are not metal but I am not sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Murphs_Reef

I have 2 primes in the flexible mounts and mine are 1cm under the water.. you should be absolutely fine as the metal should be sealed. 

Odd that the screws are on the wet side through.. should be on the dry side of you ask me..

Auto correct tried to swap out wet side for west side, remember them..?  What a shit band that was 

• Haha 1