ethanhh

UV Sterilizer

ethanhh

I’ve had my UV sterilizer for about 3 days and my tank is getting clearer. I was wondering how long I should leave it running? Should I just set it and forget it or should I take it out once my tank is all clear? 

wulilions

It's good to have it permanently for sterilisation of parasites and algae in my opinion 

• Thanks 1

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I ran one back on my 90 gallon bowfront, reverse lighting.  I had an ich outbreak and purchased it later to fight the ich, that had entered my system.  I ran 24/7 in the beginning and then months later, I switched to come on at 9pm and shut off at 5am.  I had read an article that ich is opportunistic and attacks the fish in the night, when it goes into the swim phase, so I just left it on that mode also, it helped bring down the heat just a bit, since they do, can warm up your tank if you have closed lids, such as I did.

I currently use a 5 watt Coralife on my 12 gallon system, since returning to the hobby almost 10 years later.  I have it set to 24/7 now, but after I have all my corals and control of algae, then I will do reverse lighting. 

20210227_183244_HDR.jpg

20210227_183256.jpg

20210227_195412.jpg

• Thanks 1