ReefCleaners.org

Feeding coral

Dave MN Nano

Dave MN Nano

My Zoas like brine shrimp (probably not a surprise to you)! What other types of soft or LPS corals will eat brine shrimp? How about frozen baby brine? Too small or will they like those also?

Acans, blastomosas, scolymia, enchinata, micromussa, elegance, bubble coral, clove polyps, star polyps, mushrooms, duncans, fungia, off the top of my head. Baby brine isn’t too small. There is nothing to small for a coral to feed on. Although you don’t need to feed corals to get growth and coloration it sure is cool to watch. If you really want to feed and give nutrients to your coral than reef roids, reef chili, reef blizzard, and coral frenzy are some options. Just to name a few. Reef roids is by far the most popular. Have to be careful because those foods are highly concentrated and can cause more trouble than good if used improperly. AKA overfeeding and leading to nuisance algae and/or Cyanobacteria possibly. Brine shrimp can lack nutrients depending on the supplier amd leave a lot to be desired. Their diet matters greatly along with any enhancement vitamins/nutrients the company may or may not have added. Other than NPS corals majority require no feeding at all other than light, water movement, good water quality, and fish poo lol. I feed reef roids occasionally and really enjoy watching the corals scarfing it down..... over 30 mins lol.