Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fluval evo jumble

Twinklekink

Twinklekink

I’ve been a long time nano reef creeper, but never put my own tanks online. 
just recently (January 2021) picked up a fluval evo and downsized my whole marine collection into only that nano to try and reboot my love for the hobby.. this is my resurrection if you will!

I’m in England - if that makes a difference. 

my plan was to buy this low end all in one tank and just run it stock (except for media). 
But within a week of buying it I’d pretty much gotten rid of everything apart from the tank!

started with:

fluval evo 

live rock

Tmc eco sand

d flow filter baskets 1&2

tunze 1073.008 pump (never used stock pump)

Eheim heater

2 x 1/4” random flow generators

aqua one radiance 3 unit (my back up LED that I keep around. deciding on upgrade at mo)

considering adding:

top up - there isn’t a lot of room for it

skimmer - undecided which. Do not want it in the first chamber where the purpose built one would normally go

jump guard / lid

heater controller

Wave maker

pic from beginning of February 2021

CE9EDE86-D17E-4EE2-B7DB-930E2B22A302.jpeg

• Like 4
Twinklekink

March 1st 

a lot has changed in a month. 
I started as ‘it’s just going to be very simple, low stocking and take it slow’ but I’ve accidentally spent a boatload of money and had to make a quick frag rack..

hoping for a light upgrade to arrive this week. I got a good deal on an ai prime - £100 without bracket. I was just about to pull the trigger on a g5 radion so it was a sensible find!

algae is still ugly and apparent, but it’s fading out. 

F69DFEA1-F26C-40D1-986C-06837D529A4A.jpeg

6E7812F1-B76A-4FBF-B270-EB7CDE3ED718.jpeg

• Like 4
Twinklekink

I’ve had my clown pair for more than 5 years and they are at the size now where their aggression can be fatal.

They’ve bullied many fish in the time I’ve had them but this past week they have killed a sun faced damsel and then pestered my watchman goby so much I had to remove them. Quite sensible really as now they can live happily alone with their anemone and the anemone will stop treading on everything. So they now have a pico (18 litre) on my desk. Not very big but they spend all day in the anemone anyhow. 

A more empty FTS. Considering adding a small puffer. 

Really must get around to taking the frag rack out!

0785FEB7-6AE1-498B-B20A-C841EEDCD036.jpeg

• Like 4
Twinklekink
9 hours ago, Murphych said:

Love that sandbed 👍🏼

This is the first time I’ve used TMC eco sand (this is the fine version) and I’m undecided whether I like it. I usually go for super fine coral sand but in this tank it would blow around too much. 
this sand does seem to hold pockets more. My watchman goby is the one that’s created the mounds of it!

• Like 2
Twinklekink

Had a real change around. Swapped some rocks from my pico to this one so it is less rock crowded and finally got rid of the big frag rack. 
montipora plate still on a tiny frag plate - I want it to encrust on the glass so the plug will be there a while. 

and my favourite little guy came out after the move around too. 

D6E982E0-9E5A-43F4-8783-DDBF99F1A9EE.jpeg

460254ED-B407-4CDB-8541-2D3927231A85.jpeg

• Like 1