Innovative Marine Aquariums

UNS 45a - 7 Gallons to Greatness

Arc Katana

Ended up getting this tank used in Fargo, ND last week (along with three other nanos).  Got it set up yesterday.  

Tank filled and pump on:

Going to turn this into a Biotope tank I think, not sure what yet.  I have an order from KP Aquatics coming in, so maybe some stuff from there. 

20210301_134849.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Arc Katana said:

First fish is in QT (this tank is QT for the moment).   Kind of nice to look at something rather than rock and water 🙂

Wait fargo? Like Midwest aquarium services? 

10 hours ago, Frozen_Reef said:

Wait fargo? Like Midwest aquarium services? 

Yep!  John's a baller!   Fargo is a little over two hours west for me, the Cities are about 3.5.  John is my LFS lol!

2 hours ago, Arc Katana said:

Yep!  John's a baller!   Fargo is a little over two hours west for me, the Cities are about 3.5.  John is my LFS lol!

I’m in fargo, was it a used 45A? If so it was my old tank actually 

3 hours ago, Arc Katana said:

Yep!  I picked it up

Awesome! Excited to see what you do with it. Seems like we had the same idea with the KP rock and muddy substrate 

• Like 1

So my initial order from KPAquatics was a day late, lost some stuff from it, thanks UPS!  Anyway, I was going to go with a Macro/Gorg style tank, well the stuff I got was way to big for the tank.  Moved that over to the main tank, and had to switch gears.

frag312.thumb.jpg.7ac8920ca818909774d6036dfdf15bc7.jpg

Gorg - Finger if I remember.  About 6" tall.

Sponge - About 8" tall.

frag312a.thumb.jpg.a95a1549903b6d9db41f9b6d84916e54.jpg

So instead, we are switching it over to a mushroom/ricordea factory. 

Ordered 10 rainbow Rics and two St Thomas mushies.  Came in a day late. again!  They have been in less than a day, still opening up:

ricsuns2.thumb.jpg.86715d003d9f05047639d250c07ec72e.jpg

The little filter I have for my phone washes out the orange - the little "yellow" ricordea next to the mushroom is actually orange.   They are in rough shape - the extra day delay made the temp in the water below 60 degrees.  Slowly coming out.  

More pics once they open up.  Also added a couple of fish too!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Arc Katana said:

So my initial order from KPAquatics was a day late, lost some stuff from it, thanks UPS!  Anyway, I was going to go with a Macro/Gorg style tank, well the stuff I got was way to big for the tank.  Moved that over to the main tank, and had to switch gears.

frag312.thumb.jpg.7ac8920ca818909774d6036dfdf15bc7.jpg

Gorg - Finger if I remember.  About 6" tall.

Sponge - About 8" tall.

frag312a.thumb.jpg.a95a1549903b6d9db41f9b6d84916e54.jpg

So instead, we are switching it over to a mushroom/ricordea factory. 

Ordered 10 rainbow Rics and two St Thomas mushies.  Came in a day late. again!  They have been in less than a day, still opening up:

ricsuns2.thumb.jpg.86715d003d9f05047639d250c07ec72e.jpg

The little filter I have for my phone washes out the orange - the little "yellow" ricordea next to the mushroom is actually orange.   They are in rough shape - the extra day delay made the temp in the water below 60 degrees.  Slowly coming out.  

More pics once they open up.  Also added a couple of fish too!

I used to love KP aquatics but their site never really shows what’s in stock unless you click ok each individual product (at least on mobile)

1 hour ago, Frozen_Reef said:

I used to love KP aquatics but their site never really shows what’s in stock unless you click ok each individual product (at least on mobile)

Yeah, they are kind of stuck with the old style site (2010ish) and the modern stuff.  It is a pain to click on everything to see if it is in stock.  Great stuff tho.

Happy to say the two new fish from KP Aquatics are doing awesome in the tank.  Picked up some macro algae, so hopefully we'll get that growing too!