ReefCleaners.org

Charles' 24 Gallon Cube

C_R_V2000

Hello everyone! Just wanted a thread to present my tank and generally start up some discourse and get ideas
This tank and all the life in it were actually transferred from a Biocube 16 (emergency leaking issue) about 4 months ago, in total I've had these animals for 8 months

Aquarium: AQUATOP Recife ECO 24g, Cube style, AIO
Lighting: AI Prime 16HD Reef
Flow: 2 Aqueon 500gph powerheads connected to a JBJ wavemaker, alternating flow every 30 seconds
Return: Stock return pump, they say its 465gph but its probably more in the 200-300gph range
Filtration: Stock sponge, Chemi-pure Blue, a chunk of extra live rock, the middle chamber houses a refugium with cheato and those bioactive media rings

Stock
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish
1 Sailfin Blenny
1 Randall's Pistol Shrimp

Coral:
1 Bird of Paradise Birdsnest
1 Neon Green Pocillopora
1 Superman Montipora
1 Kenya Tree

1 Neon Green Mushroom
2 types of Zoa, not really sure on the exact type but they are pretty

CUC
1 Fighting Conch
9 Astrea Snails
1 Red Tuxedo Urchin
5 Mixed species hermits (mostly blue legged)

So I guess my question would be what suggestions does the nano community have? What corals should I get? I'm thinking about one or two more SPS, about 2 more zoas and then the rest is LPS or maybe, MAYBE, an anemone.

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

• Like 2
Christopher Marks
6 hours ago, C_R_V2000 said:

So I guess my question would be what suggestions does the nano community have? What corals should I get? I'm thinking about one or two more SPS, about 2 more zoas and then the rest is LPS or maybe, MAYBE, an anemone.

If you're finding success with the two zoanthids you have, you should definitely add some more varieties.

Really cool fish collection. How has the pistol shrimp been doing?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

If you're finding success with the two zoanthids you have, you should definitely add some more varieties.

Really cool fish collection. How has the pistol shrimp been doing?

The pistol shrimp seems to be fine! I don't see him much but I hear him when he snaps. He has had a few partner gobies but sadly each have died so I'm not sure when I'm ready to get one again. He seems to be doing fine without. 

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I'd love to see a picture of your fuge or where you placed the chaeto!   In my media baskets I placed chemipure blue elite, phosguard in the second and third basket has a ball of chaeto with red led's hitting it.  I'm always looking for new ideas with filtration @C_R_V2000.

• Like 1