Coral Vue Hydros

Hey ya'll

QuarantineReefer

QuarantineReefer

Hey everybody, new to the forum and looking to get into some nano tanks! I'm currently running a 56 column with a few fish and some corals that I've had running for just under a year. But we are planning on moving in a few months and I'm looking to downsize to a few nano tanks. I was going to go up in tank size with the move but after seeing some of the tanks on here, especially seeing @YHSublime tank, I've decided to go nano. I've been reading a lot on here but still have a lot of questions. So hopefully I want bug ya'll too much!

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @QuarantineReefer! We'd love to see your 56 column tank, if you can share any photos, sounds cool!

Changing tanks during a move can be a good way to make the most of a situation, and change up any parts of your reef tank that haven't been working well for you. Fortunately you have some good time to make plans!

• Like 1
QuarantineReefer
8 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome to the community @QuarantineReefer! We'd love to see your 56 column tank, if you can share any photos, sounds cool!

Changing tanks during a move can be a good way to make the most of a situation, and change up any parts of your reef tank that haven't been working well for you. Fortunately you have some good time to make plans!

That was kind of my thought. When I started my 56 I wanted in so bad I just kind of had a hodge podge of used equipment I used. With these builds I have a little more knowledge of the going on of a reef tank and plan to make exactly what I want. I won't be setting the 56 back up. I didn't realize it at the time just from lack of knowledge but the silicone appears to be bubbling or separating at the seams. The glass is all scratched and etched up as well so not really worth resealing either. I'll have to dig around on my phone and see if I have any photos of my tank. If not I do have an Instagram under the same username 😁

Edit: Found a few photos from early minus any coral.

20200725_214556-01.jpeg

20200603_204524-01.jpeg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...