Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lifegard 4.1g Pico Build

dwdenny

• 5 weeks later...

It been to long for an update. Dealing with bacterial bloom at the moment. Waiting on UV Sterilizer to come in to help with that. In the mean time pretty much did a 100% water change and re-dipped corals. Got a bigger CUC in from reefcleaners and I got more than I ordered. Might have to rehome some as I think they will wipe out the algae that I have or find something to feed them.  Zoa's are still a little mad at me for dipping them but somehow a Zoa Spider made it through the first dip two weeks ago.IMG_4684.thumb.jpg.8d68357f6bb2bc2db94ad6d22d93bfb4.jpgIMG_4679.thumb.jpg.757c684f80270603188fda63ef1df121.jpg

Installed a new 150gpd 6 stage RODI yesterday. One that has a drinking water side and separate DI for the reef. City TDS is 678 and after flushing the DI for a few minutes it is down to zero. Few decent photos. Some are still upset for some reason. Trying to figure that out. 
E6528A11-5C8E-4D5F-91F3-5F7AD693DE75.thumb.jpeg.3571bbbd6dc6741307715c8eeb6d2ebe.jpeg

D378EF0F-B47D-4291-A8B0-3FF50E76FC0C.jpeg

A51E0FD4-0459-4446-8106-6651DC260A86.jpeg

• Like 1

Still have them on the sand bed right now any higher and they close up. Going to try and get them glued to the rock where I want them and then do a 20 day light acclimation. Probably going to take them off (those that are on rubble) or cut the plug so I don’t see it when they are on the rock. 

• Like 1
Daniel92481

Yea, sometimes the plugs have unwanted algae or things you don’t want. It’s always better to get rid of them if you can. I would let your zoas continue to open up and try not to piss them off haha they look good. 

fenderchamp
54 minutes ago, dwdenny said:

Still have them on the sand bed right now any higher and they close up. Going to try and get them glued to the rock where I want them and then do a 20 day light acclimation. Probably going to take them off (those that are on rubble) or cut the plug so I don’t see it when they are on the rock. 

how do you have your light programmed?

• Like 1
Daniel92481

I’m not sure how to read that graph, but I would make sure your light is set at about 50% intensity. 

I have the 360X set at 65% intensity, 7 inches above the water. 

• Like 1

Increased the intensity and put it on a 7 day acclimation starting at 65% of this setting. Will keep an eye on the zoas and see how they do. 
3772CEE0-D519-4E9E-A800-06E2184E7197.thumb.png.c32025f008e471e37ce9a5219a99fcb3.png

Ok checked water parameters this afternoon and here is where I stand 

temp 76-77.5

pH 8.1-8.2

phosphates 0 (double checked)

nitrates 0 (double checked)

calcium 440

Mg 1500

Alk. 8.3

was going to do a water change this weekend but with those number I need to let nitrates and phosphates build up. Really starting to rethink this no fish deal I have going in my head hahaha

goinh back to feeding a pinch of reef roids to the tank to build up some nutrients. 

• Like 1
Daniel92481

Looking good. Sounds like you’re on top of it. I’m glad you have some Reef roids on hand. That stuff is loaded haha. 

1 hour ago, Daniel92481 said:

Looking good. Sounds like you’re on top of it. I’m glad you have some Reef roids on hand. That stuff is loaded haha. 

Yes it is think I can feed a little every other week and probably be where I need to be. All three heads on the bowerbanki went to town. Will video it next time in like 5 minutes it had it all sucked up and gone. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Daniel92481 said:

Nice man. Good idea with biweekly. I was going to say once weekly, but try that instead.🙂

Going to test parameters sunday afternoon and see what happens. If nothing really changes then I will feed weekly and see what happens. I really target fed the tank not broadcasted the roids so I might have to do weekly. Really thinking about a fish now 🤦‍♂️ alway had a issue with nitrates and phosphates in my old tank but I wasn't as diligent in cleaning as I am with this one.

Yellow Clown Goby probably I like the yellow color on them. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Daniel92481 said:

Sounds good. Did you check out the biota website I sent you? Awesome fish there. Also, since you mentioned a yellow clown goby, this place is awesome too with great prices. Hurry up and get it before someone else does.😄

https://www.nyaquatic.com/yellow-clown-goby/

I did they have the dwarf white spot goby but didn't like that one and the rest get to big as far as what they have in stock. So I just pulled the trigger on the yellow clown goby. 

• Like 1
Daniel92481

Awesome man! I’m glad you got it! I thought they had a pretty good price, plus they’re a reputable dealer. If that’s your only fish I wouldn’t worry about the qt. Up to you, but you’ll be good. 

• Like 1

Ugh I hate FedEx. I got the email yesterday that my goby was being shipped. Almost 24 hours in and the FedEx tracking still say awaiting shipment label created. Ugh getting a lot nervous at this point. Have to take off work to accept package so it doesn't sit outside in 100 degree heat and I cannot get an update.  

• Wow 1
Daniel92481
10 minutes ago, dwdenny said:

Ugh I hate FedEx. I got the email yesterday that my goby was being shipped. Almost 24 hours in and the FedEx tracking still say awaiting shipment label created. Ugh getting a lot nervous at this point. Have to take off work to accept package so it doesn't sit outside in 100 degree heat and I cannot get an update.  

Thats frustrating. Hoping it works out for you. If not, biota will make it right. 🙂

• Like 1

bought it from NYAquatics but I know they will make it right as well. I have emailed them to see if the package was indeed picked up or not waiting on reply. 

• Like 1