SaltCritters.com

Coral ID Please

Heydude

Hi guys, 

Could someone please provide a name for this for me, only bought it a couple days ago and for the life of me I can't remember what the guy at the lfs said it was, Alex him what it was called and then spent ages talking about it and the care and placement of it etc. 

TIA, 

Tony. 

20210221_164233.jpg

2 minutes ago, Grimes said:

kenya tree (leather coral)

Thank you for your reply. 

I have a Kenya, although a different looking one, and thought it was one, when I asked him he said it wasn't a Kenya, sure he said it was something stating with an L, thought maybe he'd given me the scientific name but can't find anything, I'll maybe have to pop back and see him. 

Thanks again for your reply, appreciated. 

Tony. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Lemnalia? Or soft Cauliflower Coral is my guess

Thanks for your reply,

Ah yes that sounds like what he said, thank you, so it is a species of Kenya tree. 

Just noticed that my Mushroom Leather Coral that is about 4/5in away from this Kenya has retracted all its polyps, could this have anything to do with this, got a GSP that is within 2 inches and that's fine first time since I put the mushroom leather in over a year ago that it's not out when lights are on. 

Thanks, 

Tony. 

1 minute ago, Heydude said:

Thanks for your reply,

Ah yes that sounds like what he said, thank you, so it is a species of Kenya tree. 

Just noticed that my Mushroom Leather Coral that is about 4/5in away from this Kenya has retracted all its polyps, could this have anything to do with this, got a GSP that is within 2 inches and that's fine first time since I put the mushroom leather in over a year ago that it's not out when lights are on. 

Thanks, 

Tony. 

Leathers are notoriously sulky and weird, they do shed and sulk from time to time. I've never had much luck with them myself 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Coral ID Please