Marcus92

Best way to position fluval output nozela

Marcus92

Hi.

Beginner here set up my fluval 52litre tank currently going through my cycle week 2, just wondering even though it might sound stupid. Is there a way the nozels should be facing. Or is it just how you want?

• Like 1

rough eye
42 minutes ago, Marcus92 said:

Hi.

Beginner here set up my fluval 52litre tank currently going through my cycle week 2, just wondering even though it might sound stupid. Is there a way the nozels should be facing. Or is it just how you want?

just how you want. i have one facing up at the water surface to try and oxygenate more, and there other pointed at my rocks. i try to point it at whichever rock seems to need more flow. and i have a powerhead in the opposite corner pointed at the intake, roughly. as long as there's some flow throughout the tank.

• Like 2

Marcus92

Cheers for your speedy reply!

is it a fluval you have? Do you think there is need for the powerhead also? I seem to get a decent flow from the standard nozels

rough eye

i have the evo13.5. i have a hydro koralia 240 nano for additional flow. i got the powerhead with 2 thoughts in mind: using it for mixing fresh salt water once a week, and providing additional flow the rest of the time. my tank is only a few months old so i'll defer to the more experienced here. i will say this though; one week i left the powerhead out for a week and that was the beginning of the hair algae outbreak i've been having. could just be coincidence.

Marcus92

Seems like a good little tip. Might copy that. Cheers