alk8.4

cal 425

phos .05

ntrate 5.5

amonia 0

any ideas I know they like alit glow he is set up in front of my pump

out put

What gorgonian? Nps or photosynthetic?

Yes they like lots of random flow but not direct flow or it will effect the flesh.

If its nps, it needs feeding, regularly.

• Like 1

Overall the parameters you posted do not seem to present much of an issue, so perhaps the problem is something related to lighting, parameter fluctuations or flow.  A picture and some more info about your system and routines would be helpful to try to determine why it is not doing well.

I will post a pic water change 25% every two week feed once a week reef roids feed fish and crabs abs shrimp daily Monday thru Friday lighting hasn’t changed flow hasn’t changed and all other coral thriving 

Prob the direct flow is my guess. Directly in front of the pump isn’t really good for anything. Is it a new addition or have you had it for awhile? Sometimes things just die unknowingly. I moved my purple monsters over about 5-6 inches and one of them melted away in two days. It happens. 

7 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Knowing if its a non photosynthetic to photosynthetic is really important because if its nps- once a week feeding isn't enough.

It’s a grubes.

@Pbalz what other corals do you have near it? It’s possible something with a sweeper could have stung it.

post some pics as soon as you can. Include one of the surrounding corals as well. Some corals could be 8-12 inches away and still put out some

really long stinging sweeper tentacles.

20 hours ago, Pbalz said:

It’s a grubes...  I don’t think it’s an nps

Grube's gorgonian (Pinnigorgia flava) contains zooxanthellae, so it's a photosynthetic gorgonian; but it should also be fed.  Your feeding routine is probably acceptable.

It's relatively hardy.  Here's some more information: https://www.aquariumcreationsonline.net/ORAGrubesGorgonian.html

Also read this thread:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Gorgonian dying - need help