Cultivated Reef

My 10 Gallon Standard

Coinee

I tore down my IM Nuvo 10 AIO because I found with a cube, I couldn't get enough negative space. I decided to try normal 10 gallon's dimensions and see how I like it. Everything was transferred over from my old tank. 

Tank: Seapora 10G Tank (standard 10 gallon dimensions)
Filtration: Seachem Tidal 55 with carbon, purigen and filter floss. 
Lighting: Aqua Illumination Prime 16HD
Heater: 75W Eheim Heater
Salt: Red Sea Coral Pro
Sand: CaribSea Fiji Pink Sand

Corals
Finger Leather
Toadstool
Hairy Mushroom
Orange and blue rhodactis
Many zoas (Mickey D, Dragon's Eyes, Radioactive Dragon's Eye, Pinwheels, Rastas, Blue Hornet, Bonfire, Eagle Eye, etc)
GSP
Hollywood Stunner Chalice
Frogspawn
Torch
Hammer
Duncans
Acans
Nepthea
Devil's Finger Leather
Cladiella

Superman Mushroom

I probably missed some.

Fish
Golden Neon Goby
Snowflake Clownfish

Inverts
6 Astraea Snails
2 Nassarius Snails
1 Stomatella hitchhiker

Will post a decent pic soon. Also, I think it's worth nothing that the clarity of low iron glass vs typical glass is substantially overrated. I notice very minimal differences between my old IM Nuvo 10G and this Seapora tank. Would I buy a low iron glass tank in the future? Probably if the price difference was not too much but if it were a bit more then I'd forget about it. 

I,m doing the same setup on a 20g tall seapora,  tidal 35 filter, to avoid the long intake tube, eheim 100watt, could not locate a 75 watt heater.  Mine will be a bta tank, maybe a devil's hand finger leather.  I like the seapora tank, fwiw there is a slight green tinge to the glass neutralized by the prime 16hd, I don't see any visible  distortion, which was my biggest concern with standard glass. I paid 139 dollars with shipping for the tank and filter.  I had been looking at aio tanks in the 20g range, but cost put me off.  There are so many nice looking hang on components available now that having stuff hanging on isn't too unattractive to me. Following.

4 hours ago, MarieH said:

I,m doing the same setup on a 20g tall seapora,  tidal 35 filter, to avoid the long intake tube, eheim 100watt, could not locate a 75 watt heater.  Mine will be a bta tank, maybe a devil's hand finger leather.  I like the seapora tank, fwiw there is a slight green tinge to the glass neutralized by the prime 16hd, I don't see any visible  distortion, which was my biggest concern with standard glass. I paid 139 dollars with shipping for the tank and filter.  I had been looking at aio tanks in the 20g range, but cost put me off.  There are so many nice looking hang on components available now that having stuff hanging on isn't too unattractive to me. Following.

Yea absolutely. I was VERY impressed with the quality of my Seapora tank. The silicone is very neat and tidy looking, the glass is clear and it seems pretty sturdy.

I don't know exactly how long I'm going to have this tank up for since I am expecting to move in the future for stable work. But once I move and get settled with a more stable life, I'm going to invest in a larger tank (maybe 20-30 gallons). 

4 hours ago, Coinee said:

Yea absolutely. I was VERY impressed with the quality of my Seapora tank. The silicone is very neat and tidy looking, the glass is clear and it seems pretty sturdy.

I don't know exactly how long I'm going to have this tank up for since I am expecting to move in the future for stable work. But once I move and get settled with a more stable life, I'm going to invest in a larger tank (maybe 20-30 gallons). 

It's addicting lol.  I always wanted a bubble tip tank. I have 2 clownfish currently hosting a rose bubble tip.  They ignored it for the first few days and I thought it might not happen. Anyway long story short, if you're going to save money, the seapora ( made by aquarium masters) is a good buy. The silicone as you said is well done. I think it will last awhile. 

Pic is here. For some reason the gel filters make my pics more blurry. I need to: buy new filters and take time to take a picture. I should buy a DSLR again, I used to own one but I sold it when I moved. I kind of regret it.

So basically: Most of the corals are not placed anywhere yet, I have to decide. A snail divebombed from the HOB filter and landed on the chalice, breaking it in two. It was a funny spectacle to witness. 

20210219_180907.jpg

• Like 4