inTank Media Baskets

Zer0's JBJ RL-10 AIO Cube

Zer0

I enjoy them both as well! The magicians look great pretty much every day, but the blue lagoons have on and off days. One day they look full and open, the next they look drab and closed up lol. Still like 'em though.

On a separate note, I'm starting a round of chemiclean today, trying to get rid of what I believe to be cyano. It has mostly gone away by itself in the display, but in the back chamber where I have been growing chaeto, it pretty much took over and I'm convinced it smothered my chaeto, to the point where I have only a tiny amount left, which I'm trying to revive. I threw an air stone in the tank temporarily just to be extra safe about increasing oxygen levels during the treatment. Hopefully it all works out, but we'll see.

Anyways, here's a shot of the short green goni I got last week.

51214326700_295a2cff74_k.jpg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, M. Tournesol said:

😢, I have to mush love for my snails to buy such demonic creature.

I know, I guess it was only a matter of time until it ate something I loved lol. I directly feed all of my hermit crabs every day, same with everything else. But I guess this one was just out for blood. Was a blue leg hermit. I’m never buying those again. 

• Sad 1

So it looks like it was cyano, because not even a full 24hrs later and most of it is gone. That chemiclean stuff really works very well, and I only used half the recommended dose! All livestock looks good, nothing looks pissed off or unhappy. Have to wait another day then I can do a water change. 

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

You cannot pick up new corals at the lfs and not post a FTS, this is a democracy and the votes are in for FTS!  😁

• Thanks 1

I hope these are okay 🙂

51225489253_12334789aa_k.jpg

51226048239_83433fafa2_k.jpg

51225280091_e87640295c_k.jpg

51225490633_f046316064_k.jpg

51226348910_c5e0e83f1e_k.jpg

**Sorry about the frag rack in the way, I literally just received an order from zoanthids.com yesterday. **

I'm pretty happy with the tank so far. It's only about three months old, but I am quite surprised by the amount of activity that goes on in such a small tank. I've observed some very cool behavior from the tailspot blenny and the cleaner shrimp acting as a duo, the cleaner shrimp will go around and pick things off the rocks and Noodle will follow it around hovering close nearby. I'm assuming Noodle is hoping to get any scraps of food that may be dislodged. I've also noticed that Noodle is much less shy and skittish nowadays after I introduced the cleaner shrimp, which is very bold in what it wants. I have also observed Noodle getting a cleaning from the cleaner shrimp! That was very exciting to see in person and up close.

I'm going to try and get a decent video of the tank and its inhabitants sometime soon, but I will admit that I'm pretty clueless when it comes to recording or editing video.

Oh also, I wanted to mention for log purposes that I started dosing Brightwell CoralAmino every other day. We'll see how that turns out.

• Like 3
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
1 hour ago, Zer0 said:

I hope these are okay 🙂

51225489253_12334789aa_k.jpg

51226048239_83433fafa2_k.jpg

51225280091_e87640295c_k.jpg

51225490633_f046316064_k.jpg

51226348910_c5e0e83f1e_k.jpg

**Sorry about the frag rack in the way, I literally just received an order from zoanthids.com yesterday. **

I'm pretty happy with the tank so far. It's only about three months old, but I am quite surprised by the amount of activity that goes on in such a small tank. I've observed some very cool behavior from the tailspot blenny and the cleaner shrimp acting as a duo, the cleaner shrimp will go around and pick things off the rocks and Noodle will follow it around hovering close nearby. I'm assuming Noodle is hoping to get any scraps of food that may be dislodged. I've also noticed that Noodle is much less shy and skittish nowadays after I introduced the cleaner shrimp, which is very bold in what it wants. I have also observed Noodle getting a cleaning from the cleaner shrimp! That was very exciting to see in person and up close.

I'm going to try and get a decent video of the tank and its inhabitants sometime soon, but I will admit that I'm pretty clueless when it comes to recording or editing video.

Oh also, I wanted to mention for log purposes that I started dosing Brightwell CoralAmino every other day. We'll see how that turns out.

Wow, stop the press! I love it, nothing beats walking into the room and seeing that cube at a distance hence the FTS feeling of ahh and ohh when it is going good

I am pausing to salute you my reefer, excellent work!  Like I said before the centering of your rocks calls me forward to enjoy that formation.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

Looking good!! I’m so jealous of your macro algae I can’t manage chaeto growth even if I sacrifice my husbands cat on the alter of fish 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

• Like 1

My bubblegum monti has been growing quite nicely, but yesterday something really must have pissed it off because it was closed up all day. Today it was looking a little better though. This photo was at its happiest.

51233079710_9a276ec8f7_k.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Careful where you place your zoos and palys' they are the weeds of the ocean and will take over!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Micro-Reefs Aquariums said:

Careful where you place your zoos and palys' they are the weeds of the ocean and will take over!

Yeah most of them are isolated on that rock in the front, though I might have to scrape some of the mohawks off because they seem to spread the fastest. We shall see.