SaltCritters.com

Pederson's Cleaner Shrimp

ApocalypticSurf6

ApocalypticSurf6

Has anyone had one of these, I want to get an unusual cleaner shrimp for a new tank Im getting, all I found about it is it gets to 1.5 inches long and is transparent with blue tail and claws with white spots and is reef safe,

its for a second tank im starting, very small, a few sections in it but the display section is 2 gallons, 3.5 total size, and anyways it will house a yellow clown goby as the only fish as well as the best looking corals I can find, probably no LPS and definitly no anemones.

ApocalypticSurf6

well I want to know like are they aggressive at all, are they good cleaners and are they better looking the fire shrimp, and do they do well in small tanks

I have not seen any aggression towards anything. As far as cleaning, I can't say I ever saw them clean a fish. But I rarely see fire shrimp do it either. They are small and delicate. I kept them in a section which was 16x18x18 for a long time, but the entire volume of the system was around one thousand gallons.

If they are better looking than fire shrimp, that's entirely your call. I can't comment as an authority on a matter of taste. Personally, I don't think any of the shrimp out there commonly offered in the trade are as striking as fire shrimp. But, with good looks and demand comes the price too.

HTH

Archived