Top Shelf Aquatics

Murphs_Reef

Everything is doing really well though had an incident on Wednesday, where the Cardinal got sucked up into the nero3.. that's 2 fish to go through that now. It wasn't showing any signs of stress or illness prior. 

Anyway a photo bomb with my DD clip on camera lens (to strip out the blues a bit).

Indo Red Rhodactis looking fantastic 

PXL_20210723_201733785.thumb.jpg.e9ab91a48feb3b5efb29911cf55bd026.jpg

My acro is gaining some colour after moving it into high flowPXL_20210723_201829344_MP.thumb.jpg.7e4c14ab89ce0d4bf39a320c78a6497b.jpg

One if my many zoa gardens PXL_20210723_201742471.thumb.jpg.0f1422436aee746475c43a7a9360780f.jpg

Forest Fire Digi

PXL_20210723_201812123.thumb.jpg.c25a8443ad0cd88773091d4c61665391.jpg

Reefspace 

PXL_20210723_201656943.MP_exported_2757.thumb.jpg.ed029ce6464d431060c32ed9fd924a62.jpg

• Like 7
Murphs_Reef

Massive growth on all GSP now, see 14th July page 15 for comparison of just 2 weeks growth. This is just one of the many pieces I have. For perspective that's grown 2cm in all directions. 

PXL_20210726_062233622.jpg

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Massive growth on all GSP now, see 14th July page 15 for comparison of just 2 weeks growth. This is just one of the many pieces I have. For perspective that's grown 2cm in all directions. 

PXL_20210726_062233622.jpg

Wow, looks great! But are you really gonna make me go and find the old post to compare? I am far too lazy for that!! 😬🤗😁

• Haha 3
Murphs_Reef
13 hours ago, banasophia said:

Wow, looks great! But are you really gonna make me go and find the old post to compare? I am far too lazy for that!! 😬🤗😁

Haha.. you need to put some skin into the game 🤣🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Murphych said:

Going to pick up a D -D H2Ocean P1 Dosing Pump tomorrow.

Nearly holiday season and I don't want phosphate to crash while I'm away.

P1-Dosing-Pump.jpg

ah see here’s another example of my utter laziness… I got a doser, and even ordered some cool glass cylinders so I could calibrate it… but never set it up and it’s just been sitting in my fish room for a year… 

#noskininthegame 

are you only going to dose phosphate? and are you planning a trip to go somewhere fun? 

• Like 2
Murphs_Reef
38 minutes ago, banasophia said:

ah see here’s another example of my utter laziness… I got a doser, and even ordered some cool glass cylinders so I could calibrate it… but never set it up and it’s just been sitting in my fish room for a year… 

#noskininthegame 

are you only going to dose phosphate? and are you planning a trip to go somewhere fun? 

😂... Yep.. that's some good going! 

Yeah it's just phosphate, everything else is in good shape.. phosphate I just can't keep above 0 for more than a couple of days without dosing.... Need more fish!!😂 

Going to go up into Scotland so will be fun,, and wet !! 🤣 🍺🍺

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Murphych said:

😂... Yep.. that's some good going! 

Yeah it's just phosphate, everything else is in good shape.. phosphate I just can't keep above 0 for more than a couple of days without dosing.... Need more fish!!😂 

Going to go up into Scotland so will be fun,, and wet !! 🤣 🍺🍺

Oh man, I am always mystified by people with tanks that need nitrate or phosphate… I can’t even imagine having that problem. All my tanks have an abundance of both, I’m sure, plus bristleworms galore.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Murphs_Reef
3 hours ago, banasophia said:

Oh man, I am always mystified by people with tanks that need nitrate or phosphate… I can’t even imagine having that problem. All my tanks have an abundance of both, I’m sure, plus bristleworms galore.  

I used to have to use phosphate and nitrate removers. But over the last few months it's gone the other way. Maybe my maintenance has gone to deep?! But I don't water change anymore either.  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
Murphs_Reef

It's a TODAY job lol..

I'm getting an inkbird today as I had a bit of a heat issue on Saturday where the tank dropped to 21°c. My own fault I unplugged the heater and didn't put it back in. But it got me thinking about it and I don't have any visual way temp as well as only have 1 x 300 watt heater. What if that was to give in? It might be hours or if it's a week day it could be days before I noticed it! 

So once the controller comes I will install the doser as well. And then get a 200 watt in the sump also! 

Oh and no wonder this bloody Hirsuta monti gets everywhere water can't!! I found out that as it's platting so far out, that when the YCG perches on it, small bits crack off .... There are 3 small pieces on the sand at the moment...and bits all over the rock 

PXL_20210802_065349281_MP.thumb.jpg.3b5cb10b8605e425e433e7061f27ec29.jpg

PXL_20210802_070205665_MP.thumb.jpg.facdfffc496b79075cc67b2cf6ca9b24.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
7 minutes ago, Murphych said:

It's a TODAY job lol..

I'm getting an inkbird today as I had a bit of a heat issue on Saturday where the tank dropped to 21°c. My own fault I unplugged the heater and didn't put it back in. But it got me thinking about it and I don't have any visual way temp as well as only have 1 x 300 watt heater. What if that was to give in? It might be hours or if it's a week day it could be days before I noticed it! 

So once the controller comes I will install the doser as well. And then get a 200 watt in the sump also! 

Oh and no wonder this bloody Hirsuta monti gets everywhere water can't!! I found out that as it's platting so far out, that when the YCG perches on it, small bits crack off .... There are 3 small pieces on the sand at the moment...and bits all over the rock 

PXL_20210802_065349281_MP.thumb.jpg.3b5cb10b8605e425e433e7061f27ec29.jpg

PXL_20210802_070205665_MP.thumb.jpg.facdfffc496b79075cc67b2cf6ca9b24.jpg

Oh man… I’ve had three inkbirds in boxes for over a year, too. 😩😩😩 

Nice monti! Funny that your YCG is fragging it for you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Send me an inkbird and doser free of charge and I'll return these for my cash back. Less junk at home for you, more money 💰💰 for me.. that's a win! 

Yeah wish you were close by! I love rehoming all the reefing stuff I get and realize I really don’t need. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Murphych said:

lockdown has ended, we have holidays away and busy weeks again... Finally!! 

U.S. is probably, or probably should anyway, going back into lockdown. So many cases here. And Florida is the worst! 

• Sad 2
40 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Was just about to ask where you went off to @Pjanssen when all of a sudden I seen a stream of activity from you... Where you been at? 

You've seen a stream of activity from me? :ninja: wasn't me!

I've been around a little. Tank is coming along, nothing very exciting at this point. Guess I could do an update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92G - retired, thanks guys