NO3 (Salifert): 5.0 ppm

PO4 (Hanna): 0.06 ppm

SG (TMC): 1.025 SG

Alk (Salifert): 9.1 dKH

Ca (Salifert): 450 ppm

Mag (Salifert): 1420 ppm

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef

Bit of a rubbish week for the tank. A lot of zoa's closed tight, leathers not extending their polyps, GSP is closed in chunks and just generally looks a bit... Well... Down. 

Did a small water change at the weekend and the parameters are all ok... It's just looking down in the dumps.... 👎🏼

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
ECLS Reefer
On 6/21/2021 at 3:25 PM, Murphych said:

Bit of a rubbish week for the tank. A lot of zoa's closed tight, leathers not extending their polyps, GSP is closed in chunks and just generally looks a bit... Well... Down. 

Did a small water change at the weekend and the parameters are all ok... It's just looking down in the dumps.... 👎🏼

I would venture to say that maybe the zoas and GSP would like slightly more phosphates? I’ve learned that if I don’t keep it around .15-.2 some of the “dirtier” corals look less happy, especially in the Evo. I dunno though. Just my two cents

• Like 2
Murphs_Reef
7 hours ago, ECLS Reefer said:

I would venture to say that maybe the zoas and GSP would like slightly more phosphates? I’ve learned that if I don’t keep it around .15-.2 some of the “dirtier” corals look less happy, especially in the Evo. I dunno though. Just my two cents

Yeah absolutely.. maintaining phosphate is my pain in the ass at the moment..im dosing daily but haven't got the dosage right yet as it's beging consumed down to almost 0.00 every day..

I feel like the bioload is low even though I have a relatively good amount of fish and cuc, the tank doesn't look like it's rammed full. I have a moderate amount of coral but most of you guys have a hell of a lot more. Maybe this plays a part. Or maybe my cuc combination are extremely good, or my husbandry has swung the other way after GHA and cyano battles to the point that I need to be more hands off... Who knows.. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
5 hours ago, Murphych said:

Yeah absolutely.. maintaining phosphate is my pain in the ass at the moment..im dosing daily but haven't got the dosage right yet as it's beging consumed down to almost 0.00 every day..

I feel like the bioload is low even though I have a relatively good amount of fish and cuc, the tank doesn't look like it's rammed full. I have a moderate amount of coral but most of you guys have a hell of a lot more. Maybe this plays a part. Or maybe my cuc combination are extremely good, or my husbandry has swung the other way after GHA and cyano battles to the point that I need to be more hands off... Who knows.. 

I never have a no phosphates problem in my crowded big tank 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

• Like 1
Murphs_Reef
1 minute ago, ECLS Reefer said:

I never have a no phosphates problem in my crowded big tank 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

Exactly.. I think what your advise to me is.... I absolutely must buy a great deal more coral.. and in addition to this, AT THE VERY LEAST one more good sized fish.. AS WELL AS more shrimp and cuc.. 

I don't thing I read your advice wrong did I? 🤣

• Haha 2
ECLS Reefer
16 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Exactly.. I think what your advise to me is.... I absolutely must buy a great deal more coral.. and in addition to this, AT THE VERY LEAST one more good sized fish.. AS WELL AS more shrimp and cuc.. 

I don't thing I read your advice wrong did I? 🤣

Nope nope!! MOAR critters!!! 

Murphs_Reef

STOP big problems ... I just lost this to behind the rock... I simply cannot be bothered to fetch it...I hope it's in the exact same place when I can be bothered.....so I can get the Cauliflower

PXL_20210623_110556990~2.jpg

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
17 minutes ago, Murphych said:

No coral?? 😭😭😭

Oh well in my view they’re all alive and animals so a critter. But mostly just MOOOOOOAAAARRRRRRR

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer
10 minutes ago, Murphych said:

STOP big problems ... I just lost this to behind the rock... I simply cannot be bothered to fetch it...I hope it's in the exact same place when I can be bothered.....so I can get the Cauliflower

PXL_20210623_110556990~2.jpg

I have stuff wander a lot. A really nice red/orange mushroom wandered off to behind my rock wall too. And a frogspawn. They seem happy back there though it does take away from the variety up front.

Murphs_Reef
11 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

So your favorite coral fell to the sand (at least it's upright). How big of a bother can it be? REALLY! Go get it!!

Oh fine but I'll need to fashion a holding pen for it. It's a leather and will not take being glued.. I'll do it now.. 👍🏼 

Update: saved until such time I can do a proper job 

PXL_20210623_113257437.jpg

Edited by Murphych
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Murphych said:

Oh fine but I'll need to fashion a holding pen for it. It's a leather and will not take being glued.. I'll do it now.. 👍🏼 

Update: saved until such time I can do a proper job 

PXL_20210623_113257437.jpg

Good lad

• Haha 2
  • Murphs_Reef changed the title to murphs_reef 92G - retired, thanks guys