Innovative Marine Aquariums

New Reefer 10g Build

nanoscott22

Hey all, 

I stumbled upon a used IM10g nano tank with some equipment. I have an old LED light (Skkye 18W) that works, stock return pump, 25w thermometer and another pump looking thing that I have no idea what it is (no labeling). Basically I am looking for help with starting this and want to document my journey as a complete newbie to the hobby. My plan is to try to assemble everything (it is separately and pieced out now), go visit a LFS for some water, sand and live rock and get this thing cycling as soon as possible. I have seen that there are MANY opinions on cycling and I want to take it slow and do things right. Any tips or info that you think is relevant before I take my first dive please let me know! I am trying to do as much research as possible but without any hands on experience many mistakes are in my future! 

See photo of the tank in it's former glory that the person I purchased the tank from sent me for reference! I plan to take everything out and do my own aquascape which from what I have read should be quite the difficult task with a tank this small!

Best, 

Scott 

IMG_5090.jpeg

IMG_2516.jpeg

• Like 2

Came home today from work and wanted to leak test and test the pump and lights. Pump works and is quiet! Lights work but can’t turn them off unless I unplug them. Still don’t understand how the remote and controller works. Everything looks good to me other than the thermometer had a light that turned red for a couple of minutes then shut off so I don’t think it is working. Planning to head to the LFS to see about what else I need to get going.

Also I am posting a picture of some equipment I would like to have identified. There’s nothing on it but it looks like it’s something for extra flow. Any advice is always appreciated!

C66C0662-C188-410B-AEFE-908C84E0D4E4.jpeg

A5FEFDA7-9205-4868-96E9-93F56631972C.jpeg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
3 hours ago, nanoscott22 said:

Hey all, 

I stumbled upon a used IM10g nano tank with some equipment. I have an old LED light (Skkye 18W) that works, stock return pump, 25w thermometer and another pump looking thing that I have no idea what it is (no labeling). Basically I am looking for help with starting this and want to document my journey as a complete newbie to the hobby. My plan is to try to assemble everything (it is separately and pieced out now), go visit a LFS for some water, sand and live rock and get this thing cycling as soon as possible. I have seen that there are MANY opinions on cycling and I want to take it slow and do things right. Any tips or info that you think is relevant before I take my first dive please let me know! I am trying to do as much research as possible but without any hands on experience many mistakes are in my future! 

See photo of the tank in it's former glory that the person I purchased the tank from sent me for reference! I plan to take everything out and do my own aquascape which from what I have read should be quite the difficult task with a tank this small!

Best, 

Scott 

IMG_5090.jpeg

IMG_2516.jpeg

Hey Scott, 

I love that picture of the tank on the stand, it looks sick!  I love it and reminds me of my brothers build they look identical.

• Thanks 1