Pod Your Reef

30 Gallon AIO Temperate 55 F degrees of COOLNESS Evolution

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

California has some of the country's strictest laws around collectioning and transporting wildlife. I get your frustration. 

One door closes and another opens. I can't wait to see how you'll pivot on this amazing setup. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Zer0 said:

That seems a bit harsh. Sometimes you go in with good intentions but things just don’t work out for one reason or another. There’s nothing wrong with that. 

Could be harsh but its the truth, if things got hard and people quit nothing would be done in the world. Also like said above it is very well known that California is a pain to get livestock out of. There is still Gulf of Maine that he could order from if he really wanted a Coldwater system. Also the reality of making coldwater acrylic tanks is very hard to push across due to the fact that getting livestock is nearly impossible and expensive

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 6/15/2021 at 9:28 AM, Frozen_Reef said:

So you gave up then? The road got hard and you just gave up? 

Who said I gave up?  Let me clear this up, I made a decision to turn my 30 gallon Temperate into a Tropical LPS tank with torches, frogspawn and elegance corals.  I cannot justify keeping my 30 gallon tank up for temperate business when there is no way, I can purchase legally from Matsu Collection at the moment.

Having said that, you must know that I am not in the business to sell livestock, never was.  I am a fabricator of acrylic only and I never said I was ending supporting making cold water systems.  In fact,  I received an email and phone call from California Department of Fish and Wildlife, they are going to be working with me for a venture that will open doors for hobbyist like us to legally purchase anemones and other nice cold water species that have only been available to public aquariums and zoos. 

It is not cheap, but also it is also not too expensive, there are two doors being opened.  I will wait to share that information with everyone as it makes itself available.

Hope that makes sense.

Mike Guerrero

• Like 2
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 6/16/2021 at 12:08 AM, DevilDuck said:

California has some of the country's strictest laws around collectioning and transporting wildlife. I get your frustration. 

One door closes and another opens. I can't wait to see how you'll pivot on this amazing setup. 

Thank you for your kind words and trust for daring to explore a realm rarely seen if not for public aquariums across the world.  

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Tank now has 40 lbs of white sugar sand getting ready for 30-40 lbs KPA aquatics live rock.

20210619_084324_HDR.jpg

20210619_084330.jpg

20210619_084335.jpg

20210619_084341_HDR.jpg

20210618_203154.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
6 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Hows this tank coming along? Love the clean set up and the room looks fantastic

How odd you ask?  I have been waiting for quite some time for my KP aquatics to send me an email that premium live rock is back in stock!  Well, I couldn't be happier last night I got an email telling me to place my order, which I did!  Paid for 30 lbs of premium live rock to come in this week!  I am so happy and will share that event as it unfolds!

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Micro-Reefs Aquariums said:

How odd you ask?  I have been waiting for quite some time for my KP aquatics to send me an email that premium live rock is back in stock!  Well, I couldn't be happier last night I got an email telling me to place my order, which I did!  Paid for 30 lbs of premium live rock to come in this week!  I am so happy and will share that event as it unfolds!

I love KP rock, I also have a semi-secret about the rock. The "Starter" rock is the same quality as the "Aquaculture" rock but with less external growths which means it cycles faster and later down the road more will survive and it will end up looking like the "Aquaculture" stuff. Oh and the "Starter" rock is cheaper too

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
1 hour ago, Frozen_Reef said:

I love KP rock, I also have a semi-secret about the rock. The "Starter" rock is the same quality as the "Aquaculture" rock but with less external growths which means it cycles faster and later down the road more will survive and it will end up looking like the "Aquaculture" stuff. Oh and the "Starter" rock is cheaper too

Yeah,

You are correct, but nothing beats the smell of that uncured live rock making it to my doorstep and the smell of ocean when I open the box!  I do miss that and have never in my years of reefing never gotten anything other than uncured live rock shipped to my door or picked it up at my LFS.  I have been reefing since 1991 when I turned 21 and bottom filters where the hotest craze with a power head on top!  LOL

Wow how time flys by.  Actually had you told me this 1 month ago, I would have ordered that live rock since I was really wanting to start my tank 1 month ago, but hey it's coming this week so I will post picture and all that fun stuff.

KP AQUATICS JUST PHONED ME, I GET MY DROP TOMMORROW TO MY DOOR! 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 7/12/2021 at 7:33 AM, Ratvan said:

Hows this tank coming along? Love the clean set up and the room looks fantastic

Enjoy!  Added live rock today!

On 7/12/2021 at 6:46 PM, Rehype said:

Congrats Mike this tank is going to be amazing. Looking forward to seeing pics of the live rock and your scape

• Like 2
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
On 7/12/2021 at 2:21 PM, Frozen_Reef said:

My rock came in.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Micro-Reefs Aquariums said:

My rock came in.

Now you have to document all of the fun critters that come off the rocks

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Have you ever seen a tiny crab make a symbiotic relationship with your conc snail?  Talk about macro lens showing you incredible footage.

18 minutes ago, Micro-Reefs Aquariums said:

Have you ever seen a tiny crab make a symbiotic relationship with your conc snail?  Talk about macro lens showing you incredible footage.

You getting some rock is the main reason I will be getting ocean rocks again. Maybe this time live rock shipped in water

• Thanks 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums
46 minutes ago, Frozen_Reef said:

You getting some rock is the main reason I will be getting ocean rocks again. Maybe this time live rock shipped in water

It is unbelievable what I have seen come off that rock, all organisms that God put on this planet for good reason, I take it.  And we'll there you have it on the video Gods little wonders.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Selling all the parts on this tank, all Aqua Illumination items are  gone sold on 2nd day.  I have everything else, send me a PM if you are interested in the SICCE pumps, Advantage 15 UV or LED refugium, Glass Skimmer is also available.