Pod Your Reef

Chill Solutions CSXC-1: Review

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Many of you know nanos with cover tops are heat traps.  I needed a chiller that wasn't going to be a loud compressor on such a small system, I have a 12.5 AIO Micro-Reefs Aquarium.

I was reaching 83.5F degrees in 77F controlled AC home.  I ordered the chiller, wall mount and JBJ installation hose kit because they were out of many pieces to complete the install.

I ordered a Rio180 but then went with the Sicce Nano pump lower wattage with only 10 gph less than the Rio.  Sicce 110gph vs Rio180 120gph.

I didn't like their white clamps bulky and didn't fit with JBJ hose kit, so I went with my own black zip ties.

The wall mount is nice but you have to add levelers or else the bracket will swivel when you pull down or up the temp setting.  They don't give your extra rubber feet to balance the single bracket that makes your unit become a seasaw.

I used my own rubber stoppers that I had in my shop and it worked perfectly. (See photos)

I set the chiller to 78F and it keeps my tank at 77.8F to 78.3F.  Chiller will rest for 30 minutes before turning on for another 25 to chill again.

I am super pleased with the results and since I use cover tops.  Will see how she performs in the long run.

Here are plenty of installation pictures to share with the group.  Feel free to chime in for questions or concerns.

20210211_200156~2.jpg

20210213_104711_HDR.jpg

20210213_105428~2.jpg

20210213_202754~2.jpg

• Like 1