Jump to content
DevilDuck

Clownfish lymphocystis or something else

Recommended Posts

DevilDuck

Hi @Humblefish 

 

Does this look like lymphocystis on my clown or could it be something else. The white patch has grown in the last few weeks and I am concerned.

 

20210212_123434.thumb.jpg.68c6cf84cc8dd5398bb3a54510abe462.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Humblefish

That looks more like a bacterial infection than Lympho. I personally would treat with Kanaplex + Metroplex in a QT for 10 days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
DevilDuck
27 minutes ago, Humblefish said:

That looks more like a bacterial infection than Lympho. I personally would treat with Kanaplex + Metroplex in a QT for 10 days.

Thanks for the quick reply. QT is setup with Kanaplex for now. I have to run out for the Metroplex.

Share this post


Link to post
DevilDuck

@Humblefish Today is day 10 of quarantine and no improvement

 

I've toss everything I've had at him Kanaplex + Metroplex + Furan-2 and Paraguard throughout QT. Water changes and redosing every 48 hours, Paraguard was dosed daily as per instructions. 

 

Fish has good appetite and shows outward signs of distress.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Humblefish
7 hours ago, DevilDuck said:

@Humblefish Today is day 10 of quarantine and no improvement

 

I've toss everything I've had at him Kanaplex + Metroplex + Furan-2 and Paraguard throughout QT. Water changes and redosing every 48 hours, Paraguard was dosed daily as per instructions. 

 

Fish has good appetite and shows outward signs of distress.

 

 

At some point you have to discontinue all meds, maintain good water quality, feed vitamin enriched foods, and let the chips fall where they may.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
DevilDuck
11 hours ago, Humblefish said:

At some point you have to discontinue all meds, maintain good water quality, feed vitamin enriched foods, and let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks. I'll give it a few more days and return him to the main tank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
DevilDuck

Clownfish was returned to the display tank today to re-join with its partner. So far both fish are acting normally and hunting copepods together.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
mcarroll
On 2/22/2021 at 4:12 PM, DevilDuck said:

Fish has good appetite and shows outward signs of distress.

Is there the word "no" missing there before "signs of stress"?  

 

...or are you saying he's eating well, but acting weird?

 

And how's he doing now?  Spot gone?  Bigger?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
DevilDuck
On 3/4/2021 at 1:06 AM, mcarroll said:

Is there the word "no" missing there before "signs of stress"?  

 

...or are you saying he's eating well, but acting weird?

 

And how's he doing now?  Spot gone?  Bigger?

 

One month later,

Clown has no signs of stress and is eating well. He has grown quite proficient at nipping my hand when I work in the tank.

 

The white patch near his head has flattened out and has less of a lumpy appearance. It has also shrunk down about 1/3 of the original size. 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...