SaltCritters.com

future 3.7 PICO tank

xshaina26x

It had been a few years since I tried to do a 20 gallon SW tank. I got overwhelmed at the size and tore it down. I had an empty 3.7 gallon that used to house my betta before I upgraded him. So I thought I would make a small reef tank with only easy coral and a CUC. I have a submersible water pump coming on Friday and I already made RODI saltwater to put into it. 

IMG_20210208_184253487.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like a nice start.  

A 3.7g with a few corals and some inverts is a great way to get back into things.  On a small tank like this I think that topping off daily is one of the most important things.  If you're not able to do that I would strongly consider an auto top-off.  

What's your lighting like?  That will play a role in which corals you keep. 

4 minutes ago, ajmckay said:

Looks like a nice start.  

A 3.7g with a few corals and some inverts is a great way to get back into things.  On a small tank like this I think that topping off daily is one of the most important things.  If you're not able to do that I would strongly consider an auto top-off.  

What's your lighting like?  That will play a role in which corals you keep. 

I was thinking this. 🙂 https://www.amazon.com/Coralife-Marine-Aquarium-Clip-Light/dp/B07DT6YY8D/ref=sr_1_26?crid=V5E87QK5GRAL&dchild=1&keywords=nano+reef+lights+for+coral&qid=1612832911&sprefix=coral+lights+for+na%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-26

2 minutes ago, JustReading said:

Love the start ups of new tanks 

I am excited. I tried to start up a 20 gallon long, but got overwhelmed because of the size. So I thought I would try again, but with something smaller.

• 1 month later...