SaltCritters.com

Hygger mini wave maker?

nano-mex

Looking to add a controlable wave maker pump to my 11.5”x11.5”x11.5” cube. Is Anyone  using this wave maker on a 5 gallon cube or something similar? Is it too strong for it or just right?

• 1 year later...

Using it in my UNS60A, which has display area of 20 gallons.  

You can dial it way back so I think it could work fine in a 5 gallon cube.  

I cannot say enough good things about it--totally love it!  

The negative reviews are typically about the control portion and how to adjust it.  The instructions are really lacking, but if you read them a few times carefully, you will get it.  I ended up putting it in a 5 gallon empty tank on my kitchen counter and then tinkering with the settings.  I had my hand in the tank so I could feel the various settings to get a sense of what would be too strong for my tank.  

It gives you a ton of options and definitely good value for what you get.  

At some point, this summer, I will do a thorough review of it.  This youtube review made me pull the trigger and there isn't anything in there I would disagree with in terms of accuracy.  

• Like 2

I have it in my 25g at 100%.  I think you'll be fine with it at 40% (lowest).  The flow is more broad and doesn't feel like a 1600gph as stated, but more so like the feel of 600gph and under.  So I think depending on how you place it and sitting at the lowest settings with nutritional wave, you'll be ok.  You can always mix it with a random flow generator or have your nozzles clash flow to create turbulence so it isn't flowing so strong linear.