Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Live Rock Spouting Corals - Can you ID?

ross76053

My live rock/sand have been in the tank now for exactly one week, and I seem to be having a mini-cycle (no spikes in anything). I've got [what I think are] pods crawling all over the glass and in the sand, and about six coral sprouts.

Can anyone ID this one? I noticed him just this morning. He contracts down to nothing at will, but stays open most of the time. He's about 1/4 inch in diameter.

Ross

I've got a few too, but I don't think that they're dusters (got a few of those too, and their tips are definitely feathery in appearance, and w/out the large diameter core of the creature in your beautiful photo). I'm hoping they're not some sort of aiptasia-ish anenome. Mine's lime green at the tips and they are singular (not clumped like Zoos). Same characteristics as yours though Ross.

John

Your LR is a beaut! So many holes in it.

harbingerofthefish

ajroahkni

if not an aptasia, it could easily be a cocoworm. they have the feathered fingers, but thier variations are much more diverse then dusters. if you can actually see the tube it is in it can be very helpful if diferrentiating (how mis-spelled is that the two.:P )

Archived