Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anyone else pick through filter floss for creatures?

Jungle_vip

Anyone besides me? Pods, starfish, snails, or anything else you deem worth saving? Or am I being a bit much? I can’t be the only one can I...... I also do the same thing with my dirty water when changing. I pour it through a fine net. Too much? Maybe lol

king aiptasia
6 minutes ago, Jungle_v_i_p said:

Anyone besides me? Pods, starfish, snails, or anything else you deem worth saving? Or am I being a bit much? I can’t be the only one can I...... I also do the same thing with my dirty water when changing. I pour it through a fine net. Too much? Maybe lol

sometimes I try to obtain used filters and stuff to stock up my little collections of critters

• Like 1

lol. too much dude. 

BRS did a great spotlight on how rinsing your frozen foods basically makes no difference in pollutants. I think this is about the same. Your not removing a significant amount of live creatures to ruin your healthy population. 

But you pick away if it makes you happy. 

king aiptasia
13 hours ago, geekreef_05 said:

lol. too much dude. 

BRS did a great spotlight on how rinsing your frozen foods basically makes no difference in pollutants. I think this is about the same. Your not removing a significant amount of live creatures to ruin your healthy population. 

But you pick away if it makes you happy. 

once its frozen ice crystals will drive the contaminant deep in the item

and in thawing the holes left by the ice crystals will let the contaminant flow in

On 1/26/2021 at 12:41 PM, Jungle_v_i_p said:

I only do it because I feel bad about throwing things in the trash and letting them die a slow death:/ @geekreef_05

your a good person dude! save every creature you can. 🙂 👍

On 1/26/2021 at 2:53 PM, king aiptasia said:

once its frozen ice crystals will drive the contaminant deep in the item

and in thawing the holes left by the ice crystals will let the contaminant flow in

Nooooo not the frozen ice crystals contamination! Will there be a frozen fish zombie virus in the brine shrimp! ? Ahhhhhhh the zombie clowns are gonna get us all! 

So, no argument from me on this. But as non-scientifically, but generally rationally shown by BRS, this amount of contamination is not significant enough in our reef systems to make a notable differences in measurable levels. I recommend the watch.

Some folks are all about Keto or vegetarian or raw food diets. Personally, I generally eat healthy, but sometimes I eat burgers and fries even though I know its junkfood. Sometimes I give my fish frozen brine shrimp eventhough I know its not the most nutrition thing - but do they ever go nuts for it. 

What Im not hardcore enough to do is make my own fresh fish food or continuously feed live foods - which would be ideal. 

king aiptasia
Just now, geekreef_05 said:

Nooooo not the frozen ice crystals contamination! Will there be a frozen fish zombie virus in the brine shrimp! ? Ahhhhhhh the zombie clowns are gonna get us all! 

So, no argument from me on this. But as non-scientifically, but generally rationally shown by BRS, this amount of contamination is not significant enough in our reef systems to make a notable differences in measurable levels. If you want to debate it, I suggest watching the episode to chat about it reasonably.  

Some folks are all about Keto or vegetarian or raw food diets. Personally, I generally eat healthy, but sometimes I eat burgers and fries even though I know its junkfood. Sometimes I give my fish frozen brine shrimp eventhough I know its not the most nutrition thing - but do they ever go nuts for it. 

What Im not hardcore enough to do is make my own fresh fish food or continuously feed live foods - which would be ideal. 

lol im thinking more pesticides especially on fruits and vegetables. as for bacteria, yeah but who cares, most frozen stuff gets cooked. (i actually did not think we were talking about frozen fish food when i made my first comment and kinda forgot that stuff existed even though i used to feed some fish of mine those frozen bloodworms in the past)