Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wavemaker Placement

jessicvmtz

• Hi I'm new to the saltwater hobby (coming from 4 years in freshwater experience) and I need help with the placement of my wavemaker. I'm planning on getting corals in the next few months and I want to ensure they have the best environment I can provide. So far I've made my own reefscape with dry rock and now I'm wondering what kind of powerhead I should be using and where to position it? I have a 20 gallon tall aquarium and only has a clownfish and blue legged crab. My main concern is where to place my wavemaker and whether or not I may need two. 

4988BC20-686E-453A-B0FA-E61581761856.jpeg

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jessicvmtz said:
  • Hi I'm new to the saltwater hobby (coming from 4 years in freshwater experience) and I need help with the placement of my wavemaker. I'm planning on getting corals in the next few months and I want to ensure they have the best environment I can provide. So far I've made my own reefscape with dry rock and now I'm wondering what kind of powerhead I should be using and where to position it? I have a 20 gallon tall aquarium and only has a clownfish and blue legged crab. My main concern is where to place my wavemaker and whether or not I may need two. 

4988BC20-686E-453A-B0FA-E61581761856.jpeg

:welcome:

the rocks look nice so far.

The placement will depend on the powerhead and the type of corals you want to keep.  

3 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

:welcome:

the rocks look nice so far.

The placement will depend on the powerhead and the type of corals you want to keep.  

Can you recommend any corals that might be good for a beginner? Can be zoas, lps, sps, etc.