inTank Media Baskets

Clove polyps or anthelia

Obami

I got this "LiveAquaria CCGC Aquacultured Glove Polyp Coral (Anthelia sp)" from LiveAquaria, and I wonder if this is clove polyps or anthelia. The smaller polyps are more like clove polyps that it retracted fully when irritated, but the fully grown polyps seem lost the ability to fully retract. The base is flat, and I don't see any "hard" part as other clove polyps I saw in PetCo.

I like it anyway. Just want to know.

Lumii_20210122_091859954.jpg

At night you can know easily. Anthelia can not retract all the way in and “disappear” at night. Clove polyps can where you only see the mat base. If you can post a better pic with more white light and less blue that would be helpful. For me I get the best quality with pumps off with no water movement.

I just realized you purchased a glove polyp which is another common name for clavularia. Sorry about that. Guess that’s what happens when having a glass of wine, cooking, and bickering with a child to get dressed for practice lol. Good pic. Def clove polyp.