Coral Vue Hydros

Only one of my hammer coral’s heads are opening.

Chalwxz

So i’ve had this hammer coral for about maybe 3-4 months and towards the end of the 1st month one of the heads refused to open. I acclimated it for about 45min and dipped it for 15min. My salinity never dropped below 1.025 and my nitrites/nitrates always stayed around 0, pH is always at 8.1. Its in a 5gallon tank with one clownfish two snails and two hermit crabs, also an alveopora, wall hammer and a bubble coral, all are doing well.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Chalwxz said:

So i’ve had this hammer coral for about maybe 3-4 months and towards the end of the 1st month one of the heads refused to open. I acclimated it for about 45min and dipped it for 15min. My salinity never dropped below 1.025 and my nitrites/nitrates always stayed around 0, pH is always at 8.1. Its in a 5gallon tank with one clownfish two snails and two hermit crabs, also an alveopora, wall hammer and a bubble coral, all are doing well.

Pic?

22 minutes ago, Chalwxz said:

I don't think so, nothing recent

That’s good.

I find euphyllia frustrating for this very reason. Unless there is something around the head that is irritating it you’ll probably just have to wait and see. The other head looks nice and open at least. 

7 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

That’s good.

I find euphyllia frustrating for this very reason. Unless there is something around the head that is irritating it you’ll probably just have to wait and see. The other head looks nice and open at least. 

Sorry for the late responses but thank you, I’ll keep an eye out.

• Like 1