Jump to content
Thetravelguy

Help? Loosing a hammer and unsure about how to fix water quality

Recommended Posts

NoOneLikesADryTang

Spectrapure is the best RODI unit on the market. Their customer service is top notch. Give them a call, and they’ll talk you through what you need. They’re local (Arizona) for me, so I’ve stopped in numerous times to pick their brains on issues I’ve had, and our water in Arizona is notoriously bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ajmckay
2 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

Spectrapure is the best RODI unit on the market. Their customer service is top notch. Give them a call, and they’ll talk you through what you need. They’re local (Arizona) for me, so I’ve stopped in numerous times to pick their brains on issues I’ve had, and our water in Arizona is notoriously bad. 

 

Are you local to AZdesertRat?  I always enjoyed reading his posts - lots of good info.   It's true though - anyone can put together an RO filter and sell thousands on Amazon.  You do get much better product (and support) from a reputable source who has a reputation for delivering quality units.  Especially for something like an RO/DI filter that's actually really complicated if you think about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
NoOneLikesADryTang
1 hour ago, ajmckay said:

 

Are you local to AZdesertRat?  I always enjoyed reading his posts - lots of good info.   It's true though - anyone can put together an RO filter and sell thousands on Amazon.  You do get much better product (and support) from a reputable source who has a reputation for delivering quality units.  Especially for something like an RO/DI filter that's actually really complicated if you think about it. 

He’s been a part of our local reefing club, but he actually has some health issues, that’s forced him out of the hobby, sadly. He’s a wealth of knowledge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
ajmckay
17 hours ago, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

He’s been a part of our local reefing club, but he actually has some health issues, that’s forced him out of the hobby, sadly. He’s a wealth of knowledge. 

Bummer 😞  

Share this post


Link to post
Thetravelguy

I’m pretty sure the high phosphates and other potential water issues caused by the bad ro water was the culprit. Since starting water changes my devils hand leather has started to perk up and my remaining monti almost immediately colored up and extended polyps. I’ve attached some pictures. Mostly to update those that followed and hopefully help anyone who stumbles upon it later and needs help. 

D9111B5A-318D-4908-9AB4-4B3F00BF8F47.jpeg

8A0798B7-3D2C-464E-B665-ACDC23B5DF45.jpeg

A9ACE2D8-78A0-4E15-9147-0378E2102FEB.jpeg

624356EF-A365-4EF6-88E1-7544002332BE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
mcarroll
On 1/20/2021 at 1:38 AM, NoOneLikesADryTang said:

He’s been a part of our local reefing club, but he actually has some health issues, that’s forced him out of the hobby, sadly. He’s a wealth of knowledge. 

I've been wondering.  😕   If you still have any contact with him, let him know we're thinking of him (he might remember me since we both go back a ways), we miss him and wish him well.  👍

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...