inTank Media Baskets

Apex controller necessary

Nehsmit

Hi All,

I am moving up from an AIO 24g to a Waterbox 90.3. Im wondering if I need a controller and if so, which one? Apex-el ($500) vs the full apex ($800)? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

A controller is not "needed", although they are usually convenient.  Most tasks can either be performed manually or assisted with timers (or even an inexpensive heat controller).  Which Apex depends on what all you plan to do with it.

Just now, seabass said:

A controller is not "needed", although they are usually convenient.  Most tasks can either be performed manually or assisted with timers (or even an inexpensive heat controller).  Which Apex depends on what all you plan to do with it.

Thanks so much. I currently have a 24g AIO and honestly have not check salinity in years. I have bunch of LPS and 3 fish with no problems. Very stable. Now going up to 90g Waterbox, wondering if its something I should invest in. Getting 2 Radion xr15 lights but still plan on keeping it simple. Since I haven't "worked" too hard on my current tank was wondering if what something that would really make for a better tank.  

Wont make a "better" tank. Would take the automation and monitoring to another level though. Really all a function of how much you want to spend on technology, automation & monitoring.