Coral Vue Hydros

Stupid green water

Clownfish king

Clownfish king

Help I have a ton of green water algae in my tank I do water changes weekly! But it’s not working. I do not want to use a ultra violet light please help!

Just some questions for you that could help us:

can you post a pic? 

Also, how old is the tank? 

What are your nitrate and phosphate levels?

What's your lighting like?  How long per day? What kind of light? 

Clownfish king

I’ll do a pic in a bit my tank is just over 3 months old now I had to restart it after my og tank leaked. My nitrate is 5 ppm and phosphate is 7ppm

Nitrite is 0 same with ammonia 

29 minutes ago, Clownfish king said:

I’ll do a pic in a bit my tank is just over 3 months old now I had to restart it after my og tank leaked. My nitrate is 5 ppm and phosphate is 7ppm

Nitrite is 0 same with ammonia 

did you say phosphate at 7 ppm? or is that a typo error?  cuz you're about 100 times what it should be as far as concentration, even at 0.07 is considered high by most ppl.

• Like 1

0.07 is perfectly fine if anything it will prevent dino which is a bigger problem then green water. Corals need phos and its easily depleted by corals.

Green water is a phyto bloom. In a new tank that can be fairly common. 

Just keep up with your waterchanges.

• Like 3

You hope that bacterial growth and hair algae growth (among other things) will outcompete it.  UV would be fine and only helps that process along.  Not a requirement though.  Micron filtration should help some too...but again, not a requirement.  Patience is the main thing.