SaltCritters.com

What dottyback?

Leo_ian

16 hours ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Leo - does it look like this? (Pic taken from Google) :

dottyback hashtag on Twitter

^If yes, then it's also known as a splendid dottyback. And yes, they're very beautiful. But aggressive too.

Similar but its red and a slimmer body and sharper head that has an underbite and red bars

• 3 weeks later...

I will leave the is it or is it not ich question for those on the site with more experience diagnosing fish diseases from photos.  But, if you decide to go ahead and get the fish I would definitely quarantine before going into your display.  It’s just not worth the risk ever unless you are buying from a vendor who sells pre-quarantined fish.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Opotter said:

I will leave the is it or is it not ich question for those on the site with more experience diagnosing fish diseases from photos.  But, if you decide to go ahead and get the fish I would definitely quarantine before going into your display.  It’s just not worth the risk ever unless you are buying from a vendor who sells pre-quarantined fish.

They are a vendor that quarantines but I have had fish from them that dies in a day