FlyPip

My first experience. Start 36L CHEAP tank.

FlyPip

At the moment, the aquarium is stable. Launched 1 nemo, feels good! Waiting for a friend and anemone 🙂

_MG_0178.thumb.jpg.bfe617f06a52ca3520126a5d555ce6c6.jpg

• Like 1

Jakesaw
38 minutes ago, FlyPip said:

At the moment, the aquarium is stable. Launched 1 nemo, feels good! Waiting for a friend and anemone 🙂

_MG_0178.thumb.jpg.bfe617f06a52ca3520126a5d555ce6c6.jpg

Can I get a confirmation if that's a Hipargero light. 

I'm following this topic and want to see how it does in your tank.  I've read it's a decent entry level light for easy beginner corals.  I'm on your path with 10 gallon, but a little delayed on light selection.  

Thanks

FlyPip
48 minutes ago, Jakesaw said:

Can I get a confirmation if that's a Hipargero light. 

I'm following this topic and want to see how it does in your tank.  I've read it's a decent entry level light for easy beginner corals.  I'm on your path with 10 gallon, but a little delayed on light selection.  

Thanks

Good luck with you reef tank. This is cheap light from aliexpress Spectrum v3 (I don't have the exact name, I didn't buy a new one).

Ratvan

How does your filtration work by the way? I cant work out if you have drilled the tank and added a section or whether you have installed a baffle to make it AIO. 

Can you grab a top down of that part of the tank for me?

FlyPip
2 hours ago, Ratvan said:

How does your filtration work by the way? I cant work out if you have drilled the tank and added a section or whether you have installed a baffle to make it AIO. 

Can you grab a top down of that part of the tank for me?

Now Inside antiphospate, sintepon, bio media.

123123.jpg

321321.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jakesaw
4 hours ago, FlyPip said:

Good luck with you reef tank. This is cheap light from aliexpress Spectrum v3 (I don't have the exact name, I didn't buy a new one).

I can't see the LED clusters in your unit when light is lit.  But the case design looks simliar to Hipargero 30w bulb

A029-LED-AQUARIUM-LIGHT.png&f=1&nofb=1

Here's the Amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/HIPARGERO-LED-Aquarium-Light-Saltwater/dp/B0727V8C5Q/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=hipargero%2B30w&qid=1611835110&sr=8-1&th=1

Does it have 3 clusters of 3 like this light?  IF so I'm guessing it's a comparable Chinese knock off.   

FlyPip

Similar to this lamp, but not it. It have 2 clusters. 

ajmckay

Nice tank!  So did you add in the back portion yourself or did the tank builder do that?   It looks really clean I like it. 

I also like the style of the IKEA shelf you put it on - though I totally agree with everyone that you needed to reinforce it!  Looks much sturdier now.  Even though the tank doesn't weigh too much itself - any deflection or bowing will put stress on the seams which could fail at a random moment.

In your full tank shot with the shelf unit I really like the coloring of the light you went with.  Good luck!