Coral Vue Hydros

Is this coralline algae?

Blenard the Blenny

Blenard the Blenny

Hello all, new to the forums. Have had my nanocube 24G for about 3 years. Had some ups, some downs 😕

Attached are a few pictures, my camera isn't the greatest, but can anyone tell me if what's on the glass and background is coralline algae? I understand it's a sign of good things (even though my blenny, Blenny Kravitz, passed while it was growing). I scraped a bit of it, you can see in the 3rd picture, and it's tough but can be scraped with a credit card or something similar, I used my nail.

If it is, could i scrape it and just let it float in the tank to spread it? I just did a 5% water change last night, as well a changing my media (new activated carbon, washed bioballs and ceramic rings).

And I'm working on that green hair algae, I think it's a phosphate issue so I picked up rowaphos to try. I didn't get a chance to pick it up until today, so I missed doing it during the water change last night, but I'll probably throw it in tonight.

Awesome forum BTW, love this site.

20210107_171326.jpg

20210107_171345.jpg

20210107_171358.jpg

You bet it is. Looking good amazing colors on your coraline growth. Get that scraped off the front and that gha in check and you'll be in business.

• Like 1
Blenard the Blenny

it's so hard to believe sometimes, this algae that I didn't plan on having it in my tank, people actually pay $$$ for.

This is a very unusual hobby LOL

On 1/7/2021 at 6:24 PM, Blenard the Blenny said:

my blenny, Blenny Kravitz

great name 🙂

i got coralline growing on the back of my thermometer, and on the top of one of the return spouts.

On 1/15/2021 at 10:09 AM, Blenard the Blenny said:

it's so hard to believe sometimes, this algae that I didn't plan on having it in my tank, people actually pay $$$ for.

This is a very unusual hobby LOL

Might be nothing else truly like it....but planted freshwater tanks, if taken to the proper degree, can be somewhat similar I think.  I think if you include meat-eating plants, then you can even have a component that's a little similar to coral.