James.L

Evo V advice

James.L

Hi,  i was just looking for some feed back this is my first super small fish tank.    I made an aqua scape just looking if anyone has any concerns about it with a single clown fish and some soft corals?

It is secure,  and im just waiting on my ocean direct original sand to come in,  I got all excited to aquascape...lol

No description available.

rough eye

looks really cool. what's holding those rocks up?

James.L

Thank you,  Gorilla gel,   i dont plan to really move it...lol

• Like 1

rough eye

makes me kind of wish i'd glued my rock, but i wasn't too sure about gluing live rock together.

James.L

i wouldnt do anything i do,  it's prob wrong 😞 lol

• Haha 1

banasophia

Love it! Looking forward to following along. 

debbeach13

That looks great.

I can not tell but if it is leaning against the glass. I would change it. 

• Like 1

James.L

yeah, the top right is where i glued it to the glass,  and there is also another small point on the left rock leaning on back glass i glued,  do you guys think thats a bad idea? i know @banasophia mentioned it could be hard to clean is that all?

debbeach13
1 hour ago, James.L said:

yeah, the top right is where i glued it to the glass,  and there is also another small point on the left rock leaning on back glass i glued,  do you guys think thats a bad idea? i know @banasophia mentioned it could be hard to clean is that all?

If it is glued so it does not move it should be OK. I just did not want it to scratch the glass. Cleaning may be difficult but I do not always clean all the glass and some times my clean up crew gets there and helps. I up graded the filter pump and have not put a pump in the display - yet. But for addition flow I have Diver Dan air bubbler running when the light is off.

James.L

can you link me your tank please, i would love to see it.  im always looking for ideas

debbeach13

Believe me out of all the evo 5 out there mine is not a good example of what most people do. There are some stunning tanks on this site. My tank link is in my post. I am not a contest unofficially copying 365 challenge. An experiment to say the least.

• Like 1

James.L

i checked and commented,  i love your mushroom mountain 🙂

• Like 1

James.L

it's strange my old tank was a 20g with x2 Aquaknight's  beautiful color and such,  but its only like 3 day and my frogspawn/hammer and other softies look so much healthier?.....still waiting on my substrate though....damn you canada post so slow

• Wow 1

banasophia
On 1/8/2021 at 9:21 AM, debbeach13 said:

Believe me out of all the evo 5 out there mine is not a good example of what most people do. There are some stunning tanks on this site. My tank link is in my post. I am not a contest unofficially copying 365 challenge. An experiment to say the least.

Your tank is gorgeous, @debbeach13! And the beauty of reefing is that all our reefs look different even when we start with the same tank. I love what you’ve come up with. 

• Thanks 1

James.L

Looking better guys,  🙂 hooked up my old hipagero aqua knight peninsula style,   no idea what light settings it should be on im open to suggestions.     Any input on anything is accepted.  Thank you 🙂    So far the only thing im waiting on is a bottle ATO and maybe...not sure yet but a hygger mini wavemaker.

• Like 2

banasophia

Looks great, love it! Makes me want to swap out the sand in my Evo for that Ocean Direct sand you used. I have that sand on my Biocube 16 and I really like the look and grain size. 

• Like 1

James.L

yeah,   ive tried special grade arag,   pink fiji and black.    This is by far my favorite 🙂

• Like 1