SaltCritters.com

AI Prime flex arm clearance

cocojakes

I recently ordered a new waterbox cube20 with the AI prime HD16 and flex mounting arm. Currently designing the stand and was curious to know if anyone could give me the clearance required between the tank and wall for the mounting arm to fit. I also would be curious if anyone has a waterbox 20 cube what their exact external dimensions are, to find out how close the tolerances are to the stated 17.7 inches (45cm) square base. I'm currently designing the stand to hopefully fit perfectly, with slight wiggle room at 17.75" square.

Have you had any luck contacting AI's customer service department directly?  They were super helpful last time I needed help, but I think their office is closed on the weekends. 

It depends on which way you mount it. If you mount it with the adjustment screw on the outside of the aquarium, you will need at least 2" of clearance. If you mount it with the adjustment screw inside the tank, you will need 1" of clearance. 

• Like 1