SaltCritters.com

Corals

Pbalz

38 minutes ago, Pbalz said:

Do these need to eat, can they survive on light and filter feeding

Often they can survive on nutrients in the water, lighting, stray food from feeding fish, and fish wastes.  However, spot feeding often helps to ensure proper health.

However, a healthy specimen should take a mysis shrimp.  I can't say for sure why it refuses to eat.  Maybe it is recovering from being recently fragged, or maybe the parameters of its previous tank were significantly different from your tank.

I would try to keep parameters stable (temperature, salinity, etc) and continue to try to feed it.

I would take a turkey baster (or pipette) and firmly, but gently, blow the slime off of the coral.  How much flow does your tank have (and what size tank is it again)?

It’s a 14 gallon it has 350 gph pump and a 240 gph wave maker wave maker set low and pump on 3/4 cause it’s stirring up sand 

I can move the torch I tried a few spots no avail 

All other corals thriving including the grubes which I thought was dead on arrival but he is out I just moved him directly in front of pump output he seems to love it there did test tiday

ph 8.3

temp 80.4

salinty 1.0025 

amonia nitrite 0 

alk 8.9

phos low at 0.02

cal 452

nitrates .8 ordered a Hanna low range today

If it's directly under the pump, it may not be happy there. It looks fairly retracted in your last photo. I would move it to somewhere with much lower flow, to see if that helps.

• Like 1
On 1/12/2021 at 8:31 AM, Pbalz said:

Didn’t dose anything should I be Erving some phosphate or leave it alone

Sorry removing phospahte

You mostly just need to figure out why it changed so drastically.   It's not OK for that to be a mystery.  😉

Are you sure the test was correct?  If you re-test has it changed dramatically again or is it about the same?

On 1/13/2021 at 4:26 PM, Pbalz said:

ph 8.3

temp 80.4

salinty 1.0025 

amonia nitrite 0 

alk 8.9

phos low at 0.02

cal 452

nitrates .8 ordered a Hanna low range today

This makes me question the high test result.

It's going to be hard for your corals to get happy and stay that way with nutrients always so low, on top of any other factors they may be contending with.

I tested 3 days in a row everything stable and phosphates at .04 and nitrates at .8 so I think with the Hanna phosphates test I made a mistake for the high test your supposed to hold down the button to start timer I just pressed it and that was my mistake

Is .04 high enough for phosphates

42 minutes ago, Pbalz said:

I tested 3 days in a row everything stable and phosphates at .04 and nitrates at .8 so I think with the Hanna phosphates test I made a mistake for the high test your supposed to hold down the button to start timer I just pressed it and that was my mistake

Is .04 high enough for phosphates

I find with the Hanna tester that it needs decent light to work well, it will sit on C1 - - - for ages before moving to C2 or erroring in low light

Ya I have bright led lights in my office so it helps I just ordered a Hanna nitrate cause I feel the led lights change the color of the standard test kits having trouble with my amonia kit is there an electronic kit for amonia

• Like 1

Always seems to be one that is closed up torch doing a little better in new spy still isn’t all the way open but better when do u think I should give him a dip if he does f open

Why are you dipping the torch again?  If it's not opening, it's probably a bit upset.  I'm not sure of the logic behind pissing it off again right after it starts recovering. :unsure:

• Like 1