Innovative Marine Aquariums

Fiji 20G Peninsula

Smity

Hello, its been a minute since I did a build thread.

Decided on something small this time around, focusing on Acan Lords and Zoes!

Equipment:

Fiji Cube 20 Gallon Peninsula Rimless AIO

Tunze DOC 9004 (not running currently)

Sicce 1.5 silent return pump upgrade

Nicrew 50w LED

Ehiem 150w heater

10lbs CaribSea Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black

Fish:

Picasso clown

Firefish goby

Question for you if you don't mind as I've just set one of these up this weekend and there don't seem to be many builds around. How do you feel the flow is after the Sicce 1.5 upgraded. I intended to keep the stock pump but it is annoyingly loud so I have one on order. I have a while to figure it out since its just cycling for now but just curious if you feel like you need to add a power head?

On 1/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, Varano14 said:

Question for you if you don't mind as I've just set one of these up this weekend and there don't seem to be many builds around. How do you feel the flow is after the Sicce 1.5 upgraded. I intended to keep the stock pump but it is annoyingly loud so I have one on order. I have a while to figure it out since its just cycling for now but just curious if you feel like you need to add a power head?

Yes, The stock pump sounded like marbles. Very disappointed with what FijiCube provided. With the upgraded pump you will not need an additional power head unless you wanted a counter flow from additional power head.

15 hours ago, Smity said:

Yes, The stock pump sounded like marbles. Very disappointed with what FijiCube provided. With the upgraded pump you will not need an additional power head unless you wanted a counter flow from additional power head.

That's great to hear I was really hoping to put the money saved on a power head toward a light. I too was disappointed with  the quality of the pump, it just doesn't match with the quality of the tank which I found to be very high.  On a smaller tank the upgrade wasn't that expensive but if all of their pumps are the same I would imagine the bigger more expensive replacement pump would really frustrate me.

Great build by the way I will definitely be following for ideas 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...