inTank Media Baskets

HELP WITH FLUVAL 13.5 STOCKING

Nano gut

Hi, I’m new to the saltwater tanks and have set up a fluval 13.5 with a nano protein skimmer, it’s been around for four months now! The tank has cycled and I’ve added a pair of clownfish and a pair of dragonets (that eat frozen food) and one cleaner shrimp. So since I’m new I really would like to research about some other fishes I could add, that being said I am really sorry if I ask some stupid questions! 
Is it possible to add a fire fish and a pink spot goby.

I am only going to add the pink spot goby if there is enough room and am only asking because my older sister has a fish that is constantly bullying the spotted goby (and a bangai cardinal) and is asking if I have room for it and/or the bangai cardinal??? 

I'm sorry, this probably isn't the answer you are hoping for, but it sounds like you are already at capacity for the fluval 13.5. If you read through the thread for the fluval 13.5s, most people stock with 2-3 fish unless their final adult size is really, really tiny like some of the neon or eviota gobies. I have a pair of hi-fin gobies and a pistol shrimp in mine, and am hoping to add maybe one more fish. 

Both the pink spot and the banggai get pretty big and will eventually need a tank closer to 30 gallons. I used to have a bangbai in my 29 gallon biocube and when it reached its full size I really wished my rockwork was lower so that it had more open water space. That being said, the banggai isn't a very active swimmer, so the 29 worked pretty well. Actually, the stocking you describe (clowns, dragonets, pink spot goby, and banggai OR firefish) would work pretty nicely in a 30 gallon tank. If you wanted to keep them all that would be my suggestion: consider looking for a 29 or 32 gallon biocube. They are usually pretty cheap if you get them second hand. Otherwise, maybe your sister can find another home for either the goby or the fish that is getting bullied? Good luck! I know it can be hard to say no to free fish in need of a good home.  

I will totally upgrade in the future, it just that I got the fluval 13.5 at a good price, therefore, thought that I could understand the responsibilities and learn things along the way while using the 13.5 as i am really new to saltwater tanks.

• Like 1