Aqua Globe Micro pump....anyone heard of it?

EnderG60

ok so i just got this lil bitty pump/power head from f friend of mine and its frigging SMALL.

anyway it pumps 300 gph( no kidding) so i got it to replace my micro-jet 430 and it works great but i was wondering if anyone has had one long term?

reeferbuddha used to rock these hardcore. i havent seen one but i figure if he said they were good pumps i would think about getting one.

HOLY CRAP....this thing RULES

with the little flow gate thing fully closed its more powerfull then the micro jet was, and i only had it fully open for about 3 seconds and it was blowing everything away!!

the actual thing itself is about 1/2 the size of the micro jet but the nozzel/impeller part is about 3/4 the size of the rest of the unit, but the way its layed out(so the nozzel can pivot though 360 no problem) it works much better.

I think im gonna have to move this one to my 58g and get a less powerful one..this thing is crazy even fully throttled down

They are ok, but they don't seem to last too long before something bad happens. I have read several posts where people said that theirs has a metal shaft and it rusted. I opened my first one and the shaft was ceramic. However, a couple weeks later, I opened it again to clean it and the shaft snapped. Also, the suction cups were beginning to fail. I replaced it with a Powersweep and quickly found that to be sub-par. So, I replaced that with another Aquaglobe. This time I buried it in my rockwork, so I don't have to worry about the suction cups. Everything is going well as of now (had it for about a month), but we'll see what happens...

I've had 3...all developed cracks in the housing and some showed rust. All the impeller rusted overtime and I had to clean them religously. I was always worried about a meltdown and replaced them with microjets.

well Ill just have to see how this one does, I put a reducer on it and its working just right now.

if anything happens ill put the micro jet back in

I have had one for three months and mine has failed. It no longer pumps due to the plastic bearing being worn out. I was very interested in it due to its low voltage (24vdc) but I would not buy one again.

• 2 months later...

welp update time.

this pump sucks ass. after a month it started making noise and i had trouble getting the housing back together after cleaning. And now after 2 months its making noise agian and i cant get the housing to stay attached at all. I super glued it on and the thing still rattles like nothing else.

so i just chucked it in the trash.

screw that pump and those who make it.

richmondreefer

Ive had 2 of them for 8 months and they are still running strong they worked great for me, although I have heard people complain about them. The suction cups suck on 'em I had to do a minor modification but they stay put now.

I bought 2 a couple months back. I loved the size, the flow was excellent, but after a week one died, a week later the other died. I always heard they were a POS, but liked the size so gave it a try. When they worked, I thought they were great. Don't waste your money on them. I am glad they were only $7.50.

JUNK

Bob

I've used many brands of pumps/powerheads and nothing has come close to Aquarium System's Micro, Mini and Maxi-jet line for reliability.

I do have an open mind though, and really appreciate reading of others experiences with products I haven't tried so I can save a few bucks! Lord knows I spent enough trying other products out.

The Rios and the Powersweeps are neck in neck for the ultimate in POS award in my book.

Just wish Maxi-jets came in larger sizes.

Joe Mac

Joe Mac

Archived