Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Royal gramma and dwarf goby

Leo_ian

I have a 20 gallon cube, do you think I could have a trio of miki white line gobies with a royal gramma? I have other fish but I don’t think they would cause any harm, it’s a spriger damsel and a fairy wrasse? 

the gobies are currently 1.5cm

RoyalGramma001

I think that you are already full stocked with the wrasse and damsel. Those gobies are very small so I would worry about aggression you could try a larger goby like a watchman.

I wouldn't put a gramma with small and easily bullied fish, not in a tank that size. At the size white line gobies are, I'd almost worry about a gramma trying to eat one. If you really want the gramma, keep it to just the gramma, the damsel, and the wrasse.

Springer damsels are considered semi-aggressive. They defend their home, but generally don't chase outside it. 

A different goby would probably be a better choice, yes. The white lines might do okay with the damsel and wrasse, if there are a lot of hiding places well out of the damsel's territory. 

Oh, don't put those in this tank. Pygmy dart gobies need to eat multiple times a day, and are delicate and easily bullied or swallowed. They belong in species tanks, or with other very, very small fish. 

25 minutes ago, Tired said:

Oh, don't put those in this tank. Pygmy dart gobies need to eat multiple times a day, and are delicate and easily bullied or swallowed. They belong in species tanks, or with other very, very small fish. 

I have a separate 20 gallon with a pair of yashas, is that ok? It’s a very simple tank. There is a red stripe cardinal that I am considering on giving away

RoyalGramma001
1 hour ago, Leo_ian said:

I have a separate 20 gallon with a pair of yashas, is that ok? It’s a very simple tank. There is a red stripe cardinal that I am considering on giving away

Don't try they would be very hard to feed and they need to eat multiple times a day and are very difficult to feed. Sorry but it wouldn't go well in the long run

4 hours ago, RoyalGramma001 said:

Don't try they would be very hard to feed and they need to eat multiple times a day and are very difficult to feed. Sorry but it wouldn't go well in the long run

Ok 😞

You should look into their care first. If you're prepared to give them extremely fine, nutritious foods multiple times a day, you may as well take a swing at it. They're sort of like dwarf seahorses. Their high metabolisms mean they can starve into low body weight in a couple of days if not fed enough, though. 

9 hours ago, Tired said:

You should look into their care first. If you're prepared to give them extremely fine, nutritious foods multiple times a day, you may as well take a swing at it. They're sort of like dwarf seahorses. Their high metabolisms mean they can starve into low body weight in a couple of days if not fed enough, though. 

There is very little info I could find 😞 but thank you!

4 hours ago, Clownfish king said:

Hey I have an idea maybe a clown goby? I know it’s not as coulourful but they have personality and are cheap!

I don’t have much attraction to clown gobies because they nip at SPS

How about tryssogobius

6 hours ago, Tired said:

https://reefbuilders.com/2015/05/26/tryssogobius-tuesday-guide-genus-fairy-gobies/

These? Never heard of them, but this is describing a very timid shoaling fish. You'd need multiples, which you shouldn't add to a tank that's pretty much fully stocked, and you shouldn't put tiny, timid fish in with potential bullies after the bullies are already established in the tank. 

It’s going to be in another tank, or when I upgrade to a 50 gallon cube

The cube will have mostly timid fish