inTank Media Baskets

Pokerdobe's YOLO WB 105.4

pokerdobe

So I did a thing...

20201223_134140.thumb.jpg.60a074fbda5bedd5b93fc0fa6cffff8e.jpg

20201223_135620.thumb.jpg.72b7c5d070c28df975fd62c96ca436b9.jpg

20201223_230233.thumb.jpg.5a69efcd2cc762576d3f59b09df4f7fe.jpg

I've decided to make this into its own thread instead of combining it with my Reefer 750 thread because I will be taking a radically different approach to this tank. I'll be pushing boundaries when it comes to cycling and fast stocking this 105.4. If you could summarize the two tanks:

Reefer 750 - Slow and steady

WB 105 - Move fast and break things

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, pokerdobe said:

Reefer 750 - Slow and steady

WB 105 - Move fast and break things

🤣

You won’t see me complaining about a fast build from you. Ill stalk this thread too!

• Like 1

Equipment list in progress:

• Ecotech Radion XR30 G4 Pro x 3
  • Ecotech MP40 QD x 4
  • Ecotech Vectra M2
  • Kamoer X1 Pro Doser x 2
  • Tunze Nano ATO
  • RSK 600 Skimmer
  • Auqa UV 40?

The tank arrived on 12/23. I should be done with the cabinet and placing the display on top by tonight. Once I've let the RODI run for a day, I'll throw in the salt and let that run for another 24 hours. Then followed by dry rock and bacterial stew. If all goes well, I'll have the tank up and running by the end of this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 3
47 minutes ago, pokerdobe said:

Equipment list in progress:

• Ecotech Radion XR30 G4 Pro x 3
  • Ecotech MP40 QD x 4
  • Ecotech Vectra M2
  • Kamoer X1 Pro Doser x 2
  • Tunze Nano ATO
  • RSK 600 Skimmer
  • Auqa UV 40?

The tank arrived on 12/23. I should be done with the cabinet and placing the display on top by tonight. Once I've let the RODI run for a day, I'll throw in the salt and let that run for another 24 hours. Then followed by dry rock and bacterial stew. If all goes well, I'll have the tank up and running by the end of this weekend. 

Talk about going fast and breaking things...😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/13/2021 at 12:47 AM, Zuma said:

Faster!

Lol I've kind of stalled out due to people out on holidays being unable to meet me to drop off equipment. The tank has been cycling though. Non light cycling for a couple weeks now, just got 2 of the radions placed yesterday. 

20210113_211035.thumb.jpg.2987192d4627a0b952184cb6086b3a90.jpg

Assuming I can finish out the rest of my equipment (hopefully looking at this weekend), the plan is to get the first few tester pieces in next week. I've hit this tank with Dr. Tims and Microbacter (daily) since set up. I plan on dumping Turbostart this weekend and placing some actual live rock to help with the speed. I'll probably turn down the white settings on lighting for now and run deep blues until I'm more confident in the stability of the tank. 

18 hours ago, xiaoxiy said:

What do you think of each company (RS vs WB), now that you've owned both?

They're basically splitting hairs. 

I think the glass quality and silicone work/thickness from RS is still superior. Also RS has a way better sump layout, especially with the removable baffle to allow for additional compartmentalization. 

That being said, I prefer the cabinet from WB as it felt way sturdier during construction than the RS one. I actually had some serious doubts on the RS one for the 750XXL until the last few steps where it gained the rigidity I was expecting out of a stand that was going to hold nearly 1 ton of water. The stock plumbing option from WB is also superior. That doesn't matter if you're going to do custom plumbing, but for lazy people, that's definitely a plus. 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Hardware updates: I am now running 3 Radions finally, but still haven't gotten to meet up with people to get my final MP40s. My flow is all jacked up, but on the other hand, I have a nice layer of film algae in the tank now. 

Some of the most recent additions into this tank:

image.thumb.png.3cddfec21e90d9cf5a49c17a91b1f0a8.png

image.thumb.png.38bf93745847470c70350e08f4ab158a.png

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

In other news, I'm going through a wicked bacterial bloom right now in the tank. I did transfer over my zoa tiles and mushrooms to this tank... they seem to be holding, which is always encouraging. 

Also added the following fish:

• Pair of storm clowns
  • Pair of borbonius anthias
  • Powder Blue

Sadly, I can't seem to get the PBT to eat at all. It's refused just about everything I've thrown at it...

• Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...