Innovative Marine Aquariums

Positioning equipment

CD_Scapes

Hello, I will try to make this as helpful as possible to get the best answer possible. Right now I have a Mr.Aqua 25 cube (thank you SS!) and am looking at powerheads/wavemakers. Being a college kid I am semi-limited on options. I have an IM-Wavelink 1500 right now that I use for WC and was thinking of getting either some of the jebao SLW-10s or Hygger Mini HG-951 or getting another Wavelink and buying a crappy koralia nano to used for mixing salt for WC. Tank wise the tank is hardcore based on the Florida keys area, so higher flow with gorgonians is the main key. I would love to get the swaying back and forth but 18" might not be enough room for that, so the powerheads will go in the corners. In the middle of the two heaters will be an XP Aqua skimmer box, not really a lot of filtration on this tank. Focusing on WC and macroalgae as the main ways for nutrient export.

To reask the question: Two wave links in the two corners or the other kind (Jeboa SLW-10/Hygger HG-951) probably will end up with another Wavelink as I like how easy it is to control and I can position/angle the powerhead.

Unrelated point: If the main way I look at the tank is from my bed, would it make sense to have that be the main "front" view? I have a black film coming and have to decide which side(s) I am blacking out.

Here is the view from the bed (where I spend a lot of my time before going to work and chill out after work):

Tech Q 2.jpg

Here is how it looks from the doorway: (no stealing the code for you)

Tech Q 1.jpg

If I'm following your question, my opinion is just to black out the back of the tank.  Would hide the uglier equipment and cords and then if you ever move the tank you can still see through the remaining three sides. However, if the film comes goes on and comes off easily, there's probably no harm is also blacking out the side facing your closet. But personally, I like as many viewing angles as possible.  Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, Nano_Addict said:

If I'm following your question, my opinion is just to black out the back of the tank.  Would hide the uglier equipment and cords and then if you ever move the tank you can still see through the remaining three sides. However, if the film comes goes on and comes off easily, there's probably no harm is also blacking out the side facing your closet. But personally, I like as many viewing angles as possible.  Hope that helps!

Im going to black out the back and the side facing the closet I think