Top Shelf Aquatics

Can I use a Philips Hue as mangroves growth lamp?

Gore15

I am adding few mangroves to my shallow tank and since there the LED (maxspect r420r 70w) that I have is on the other end of the tank I wanted to figure a way to make sure the mangroves are not going to be starved for light.

Since ecstatic is sort of important as we put the tank in the living room I need to make sure the light we add for the mangrove is pleasing to eyes, otherwise the SO may prefer the tank not to be in the living room and be moved.

I looked around and found few plant growth lamps and none of them look really pleasing or that they are hard to attach, assemble around the tank. So now I am looking for an absolutely minimalistic floor lamp to put next the the aquarium bench and put a philips hue in it.

I wonder if a Philips Hue, 9w lamp with 2200 K – 6500 K temperature range and about 900 lumen (max) would be good enough to help with the mangroves growth. in the same area that the mangroves are going to float (or be fixed in a sand hill) there will be some macro algae too which I hope this light help with their growth.

Any recommendation or advice on this desing?

Thank you.