Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sick ocellaris won’t eat!

Ling313

I recently bought 2 ocellaris clownfish last week Wednesday. As soon as I got them in the water, one started pooping out long clearish white string. I figured it was internal parasites. Next day I started prazipro. The second fish started pooping out same stringy white stuff. Since then, both continue to poop out white/clear strings. One looks good-swimming well and eating well. No normal poop yet. The other won’t eat. He swims weird (being blown around a bit- even with powerhead off), hangs around the powerhead, and looks at the food but no eating. He has even taken food but spits it out. I’ve tried flakes, new life Thera-A small pellets (which the other one loves), frozen carnivore with mysis, frozen brine shrimp, tried soaking pellets and mysis in garlic guard. I did water change and repeat dose prazipro yesterday (bottle says can repeat dose as early as 3 days, it was day 4). I’m running out of ideas. I wouldn’t be so worried if he was eating. Please help.

A112349F-32F7-416B-A3CB-E615D158C993.jpeg

Was he eating at all before prazipro? or at the LFS?

Prazipro can suppress appetite too. I do not believe it treats all types of internal issues and you would need Metro for that.

Check this thread out: 

I'm sorry I'm not that well versed with fish disease. 

But my fish have had long white stringy poop a handful of times and Metroplex with Focus (both made by Seachem) has worked. I mix it with their food. The exact  instructions are on the package. 

That would require the fish to eat though. So hopefully yours eat soon.