Top Shelf Aquatics

Aquascaping a Fluval Evo 13.5

Mrj7

This is my first saltwater tank. I have tried a few different aquascapes and this is the one I have settled on. Let me know what you think! I am trying to go for a very natural look.

aquascape side 1.jpeg

Aquascape front 1.jpeg

I am new to reefing so I am gonna start out slow and easy. Two clowns and some type of blenny or gobbi. Whatever cleanup crew I can fit in with that. I am going to start with a few LPS, eventually I want to have a SPS on the top of the tallest rock.

I personally think in a fluval evoe that two clowns is enough. Or one clown and one goby. I've heard two clowns get aggressive. So maybe a small goby if you decide to get two clowns. But it could go bad if the two clowns get aggressive.  Whatever you decide, just make sure you add the clownfish last. The other fish goes in first.

I have the same tank. If you want lps, I would consider removing that small rock at the front right. Alot of lps have a big solid base and sometimes it's good to just have them be on the ground rather than on a rock. That's one thing I noticed with my tank... Too much rock, no floor space. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. I would really like two clowns and a small goby. I didn’t realize the clowns need to go in last, thank you. 

the plan for the small rock is to put something there that grows fast so it wont take over the tank.

I think you may be right though I could use some more floor space