Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sicce Syncra Pump for WB Frag 55.2?

cital

I am setting up a Waterbox Frag 55.2 (24x24x16 +Sump) and want to use a Sicce Syncra pump...  what size would you guys recommend?  I was thinking a 3.0, but not positive...  thanks!

4 hours ago, cital said:

I am setting up a Waterbox Frag 55.2 (24x24x16 +Sump) and want to use a Sicce Syncra pump...  what size would you guys recommend?  I was thinking a 3.0, but not positive...  thanks!

3.0 is rated at 714 gph. Not bad if you don’t consider head height. I have a tunze in similar range - but I’m keeping that as a backup purpose.  I’d say main pump should be 1,000+ gph if you’re buying new.  
You can look at the pump’s flow chart, to determine how much flow the pump is capable based on how high (head height) it has to push the water upward. For a sump system, figure roughly 4’ from the bottom of sump to the display exit to determine what your actual output would be?  All pumps lose a bit of flow to overcome that height, but they all vary based on brand/design 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 4:55 PM, cital said:

Waterbox Frag 55.2 (24x24x16 +Sump) and want to use a Sicce Syncra pump

https://waterboxaquariums.com/products/frag-55-2. Details on their site really blow.  Please correct any assumptions that I'm going to have to make.  👍

Isn't the 55.2 more like 36 x 24 x 16"T (from the website)?   That would make it about 57 gallons total.   24x24x16 would only be 39 gallons.  Assuming it's the former, 57 gallons.  I will also assume the stand makes the tank 4' high.  For 57 gallons you want about (57 * 4 =) 228 GPH....but as little as 100 GPH would do it.  We'll round up to 250 GPH for rounder numbers.

Next you need this from Sicce's website:

https://us.sicce.com/en/products/multifunction-pumps/syncra-silent.html

image.thumb.png.4508387267cbd809ec28c6e04e563268.png

4' is about 1.2 meters.

250 GPH is about 950 lh.

If you cross-reference that height and flow, you arrive fairly precisely at the Silence 1.5 delivering almost exactly 1000 l/h.

No need to waste money or power on a pump larger than this....even a Silence 1.0 would give you the minimum flow required.

👍