Nano_Addict

Waterbox Marine X 60.2 - Still Cycling

Nano_Addict
1 hour ago, onthefly said:

Suhweet!

Sitting at 7week..and no email yet!

BTW...I just saw that AI "nerf"d" their HD line with a firmware update...making it so people can "overdrive" their LEDs...and potentially burn their lenses (probably for the best!).  Anyway,  I just called WB and switched from 3x Primes to 2x Radion G5 Blues....so excited!

The waiting is the hardest part!  Have you called Waterbox to see if you can get any additional details?  Chris was very helpful, the other girl who works CS, not as much. Mine ended up getting stuck in a container at customs for an additional two weeks after it "arrived".

That's crazy about AI, I hadn't heard that!  Can't imagine you'll be disappointed with the Radions, they're top notch.  When I was doing the research it came down to the XR15 and the Kessil A360X.  I ended up with the Kessil because I really liked the simplicity and small form factor. The fact that with their "Kessil logic" you can adjust the color to whatever is pleasing to your eye and still be providing the correct spectrum to the corals was very appealing. Seemed almost idiot-proof 😆

Nano_Addict

Daily update:

Day 10

Ammonia: 0.25-0.50ppm

Nitrite: >2ppm doesn’t match color chart. Potentially higher than available readings.

Nitrate: 50ppm

So in summary, ammonia is headed down which is good, but nitrite is sky high.  Based on the current trend it looks like I should hit ~0 ammonia in the next 2-3 days.  Hopefully after the ammonia has been processed the Nitrite will begin to subside as well.  Guessing I'll need at least another week to see any results.

There's also the nagging idea in the back of my head that I could just go buy a piece of live rock from the LFS and plunk it in the tank... patience, patience, patience!

• Like 1

JonathanS

It will be filled with coral in no time at all. :wink:

onthefly
On 1/23/2021 at 4:55 PM, Nano_Addict said:

"Chris was very helpful, the other girl who works CS, not as much."

You NAILED it right there!  She was useless, Chris is awesome!  Their popularity is booming right now, so the demand has definitely overpowered supply....oh well!  I can wait...and it's giving me time to think, re-think, re-re-think, wake up in the middle night think....things over LOL

On 1/23/2021 at 4:55 PM, Nano_Addict said:

That's crazy about AI, I hadn't heard that!  Can't imagine you'll be disappointed with the Radions, they're top notch.  When I was doing the research it came down to the XR15 and the Kessil A360X.  I ended up with the Kessil because I really liked the simplicity and small form factor. The fact that with their "Kessil logic" you can adjust the color to whatever is pleasing to your eye and still be providing the correct spectrum to the corals was very appealing. Seemed almost idiot-proof 😆

I looked REALLY hard at the Kessil....love the look and simplicity.  

• Like 1

Nano_Addict

Day 11

Ammonia 0.0-0.25

Nitrite - 2-5ppm

Day 12 

Ammonia - 0.0ppm or as close as the API test is going to show to 0

Nitrite - 2-5ppm

Nitrate - 75ppm

Finally, ammonia is at zero.  Now onto the nitrite! Hopefully it starts to subside soon.