Innovative Marine Aquariums

Anemone stressed?

Arun

My tanks 10 months old. Couple of days back I bought bubble tip anemone. It was healthy and good loving around. Today I changed weekly 10% water. After it looks completely flat. What should I need to do. This is my first anemone. Need help

849F97BA-55B9-4DC2-A2A0-A0669C1155B9.jpeg

5B79C59F-FAF1-4549-9525-286F3B28D068.jpeg

1 hour ago, Arun said:

What should I need to do to save it.

It looks like you've got a lot of algae - are you doing anything like using GFO or something that would cause big fluctuations in nutrient levels? Nems hate that.

In terms of lighting, they will walk where they are happy, but that isn't a pressing concern. Basically all you can do is keep your parameters stable, medium-low flow, and don't feed a tiny stressed nem like that.

It still looks like it was physically damaged.

Do you have any hitch hiker crabs or anything in the tank that you know of? 
mid it didn’t get shredded in a power head maybe something attacked it. It looks like it’s all ripped up. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Hazy said:

Do you have any hitch hiker crabs or anything in the tank that you know of? 

I do have hermit crabs, do they harm it?

17 hours ago, jservedio said:

are you doing anything like using GFO or something that would cause big fluctuations in nutrient levels?

Am running phosban in my hob.

On 11/30/2020 at 12:04 PM, Arun said:

Am running phosban in my hob.

Remove it.   Are you testing for nitrates phosphates and other parameters?  Can you post your most recent set of test results?

• Like 1

That picture looks like a dying anemone. Do you have other pictures that you can take (different times of the day)? Worst case, you can try feeding it and if it takes the food then you might be okay 😄

• Like 1